No Virtual CD/DVD Drives Are Mounting. Physical Drive Works Fine.

fdd2blk

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Hello everyone! I'm new around here and this is actually my first post. I've been a long time lurker here on tomshardware, casually checking in when I happen to encounter a problem I can't fix myself. I've never had to post a question on here, because I can usually just use the search bar and find what I'm looking for. That was until my sister needed help installing a game (Sims 2). Before I got started,I wanted to make images of the discs so I could keep my originals and she could play as well, without having to take my discs. So I used my computer (running fine, no problems) to back up the cd's. Everything went fine, so I downloaded SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive and put it on a jump drive along with the images, and transferred it all on to her laptop (computer with the problem) this is where I began to run into problems. I installed CloneDrive on her laptop, and went back to the images to mount them. To my surprise there was nowhere to mount them to. I went into "My Computer" and checked to see if they were there, with no luck. Same is to be said for Device Manager, I found no trace of them there either. I don't understand what the problem could be. Her physical dvd drive works just fine. I opened data and audio cd/dvd's just to make sure. I've since uninstalled CloneDrive and installed Daemon Tools Lite, gBurner, PhantomCD, and Gizmo Drive, but the problem remains.
From all my searching on Google and here, I've only seen posts where people are experiencing similar problems, but their physical drives aren't working either. Either way, I'm starting to go crazy :pt1cable: looking for solutions. Has anyone out there ever experienced a problem like this, or am I the lucky 1 in a million? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sincerely, Gavin.

fdd2blk

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
[SOLVED] I ended up just doing a format/clean install and my problem is fixed. I sure wish I could have just put my old copy of XP on it, instead of shelling out $100 and buying a copy of Windows 7.

:To a Moderator

I'm not sure how to close threads, or if I'm even allowed to. But please feel free to close this topic.