Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Upgrade my labtop HP Pavilion dv6000 for "Black Ops

Last response: in CPUs
December 14, 2010 12:05:44 PM

Hello,
I have the AMD Turion 64 X2 processor 2.00 GHZ and 2 GB ram with Nvidia Ge 8400m. The game needs an AMD Phenom X3 8750 processor and Nvidia Ge 8600 GT. Can I upgrade this labtop to play the game.

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 16, 2010 4:47:10 PM

Upgrading a laptop is not an easy feat. Parts not only have to be compatible, but they also have to physically fit inside the case. The easiest thing to upgrade is the RAM. you can put that to good use even if not able to play the latest games. Win 64Bit will recognize all the RAM you can put in a laptop, 32 bit will see only 3.something GB, no reason to go past 4 GB in that case.
If I was itching for an upgrade,m I would max the memory out and then I would just try and see if it plays that game. I would be happy with the upgrade anyways.
December 16, 2010 6:19:16 PM

actually you can send your laptop away and an "expert" will upgrade the CPU + GPU. Don't know where or how much but it wont be cheap :) 
Score
Related resources
December 16, 2010 6:22:46 PM

carl hall said:
Hello,
I have the AMD Turion 64 X2 processor 2.00 GHZ and 2 GB ram with Nvidia Ge 8400m. The game needs an AMD Phenom X3 8750 processor and Nvidia Ge 8600 GT. Can I upgrade this labtop to play the game.

Honestly the money that you spend in parts to get the computer up-to-snuff would cost you more than a new system with comparable specifications. Laptop components are EXPENSIVE, with procs and GPUs fetching almost double their desktop counterparts, sometimes more. I've been there before and it sucks to be stuck with a laptop that you can't upgrade but you'll be much happier investing the money into a nice gaming desktop and using the laptop for mobile/light gaming. Hope this helps! :bounce: 
Score
December 30, 2010 4:26:42 PM

Best answer selected by carl hall.
Score
June 2, 2011 1:59:51 PM

Hey Those are minimum requirements for the game i have a AMD Turion II X2 at 2.4 ghz with a ATI radeon 5470 and 4GB DDR3 and thats more than enough to play Black Ops if you wanna get an estimate at comparing systems my laptop runs at a 5.9 for the windows experience and thats off the shelf for 500$ at staples. When i built my desktop that i put over 1500 bucks into only sat at 6.1 and that was an i7 quad core. so start with the memory upgrade it should let you run the game without too much problems before dishing out some bigger cash for a good gaming desktop. It should only run ya around 80 - 100 bucks for some good memory and you can run Black ops at a med to high setting just keep a lot of the backround detail down and youll be good. Hope this helps
Score
a b à CPUs
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b À AMD
June 2, 2011 6:31:33 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!