Memory Corruption / BSOD's

Hurmoth

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
So about two months or so ago I built a WHSv2 box with an Intel motherboard (DH57JG) and a Core i3 540.

I used Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (PSD38G1600K).

Ever since then, I have been several BSOD's a day and they all return a memory corruption when I run the minidump debugger.

I have swapped the memory out, so I ruled out memory itself, so now I'm wondering if I have a faulty motherboard or if my BIOS settings are incorrect?

I am not really strong in hardware, I can get a system up and running and do some basic troubleshooting, but outside of that, timings, frequencies, ratios, all that stuff eludes me.

Appreciate any and all help!

Hurmoth

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I appreciate the suggestion, but I've already checked and I'm running the latest firmware available. It gives me the option to continue updating, should I give it a try anyway?

gustavocr

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Does Memtest show up errors when tested on each module individually ? Let it run for 7 or more passes. Also try increasing the dram voltage to 1.6v or relax the latencies.

Hurmoth

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I did do a memtest, but I don't think I allowed it that many passes. I believe it was more like 3 or 4. I'll set it up to do that many passes when I get home from work.

I'll also try the voltage / latency settings as well.