Asus P8P67 runs but no video?

Crimson_Inu

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
I assembled my computer today only to be disappointed when nothing showed up on my monitor after 4 hours work.

What happens: I turn on the power supply and press the power button. The green LED at the bottom lights up and the MemOK! light stays red. All fans are spinning at this point but 5 secs later the CPU fan stops and the MemOK! led goes off. After a second the fan and LED come back on and will run without further problems but there is still no video signal to the monitor. When I first assembled it, I got a nice little "long beep followed by two short beeps" indicating that my memory wasn't seated correctly. I fixed that and now get no beeps. Still no video. The monitor has been used before so I know it works.

CPU power is connected and HSF is connected. 24 pin power is connected and both PCI-E cables are connected to the video card.

I'm stumped and hope that something posted here can help. I really hope I don't have to RMA my Motherboard... :(

Here's my build for reference: Asus P8P67, Intel i5 2500k, Radeon HD 6870, Antec HCG 520w, G. Skill 2x2G, CoolerMaster HAF912, Asus 24x optical drive, WD 500G HDD, and a Hyper 212+ cooler.

Thanks, Caleb

rickymac

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Did you resolve this issue. I've assembled my PC yesterday and I have a similar issue. When I boot after 2 seconds the power goes off and the it reboots. I also have no video.

I also have the p8p67 pro motherboard, intel 15-2500k, nvidia gts 430 card, g-skill ripjaw f3-12800cl90 memory.

Thanks

Crimson_Inu

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
After trying a ton of fixes, I ended up sending back the motherboard and waiting on a replacement. After I got the new one it worked fine. I think the board was just fried or shorted. Anyway, all I can recommend is to RMA.

Sorry to hear that someone is having a problem similar to mine. Hope you get everything fixed.