Xbox 360 to pc for media player

pjman98

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
i am trying to connect my xbox 360 to windows media player 11 via my pc, i have followed all instructions that i can follow given on the xbox.com/pcsetup site but my pc does not have a list of things to share my media with, im not sure what is wrong, but just in case it has something to do with the way i am connected, here is a brief description:

i have an ethernet cable that runs from my 360 straight into the back off my pc, the pc is then connected to the internet via a wireless network USB adapter that gives a wireless connection to the family network, so why cant my computer read that the 360 is there?

Mystroth

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
the network cable you would need would be a cross over cable if you hook the xbox directly to the back of a PC.

This peer to peer connection requires you to specify an IP address on your Deskop and on your XBOX360

for the testing portion i would recommend disabling the wireless network

after you have added media to your player it should be able to be shared

pjman98

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
not sure what you mean by that, i alrady have a thing to connect my 360 to my comp and mypc to my internet not what cords do i need to connect 360 to pc, so that didnt really help, however thanks for the try.

i was looking for more of suggestions on how to change my setup without disconnecting my 360 from the internet and still allowing windows media center to connect to my 360

TRENDING THREADS