I am looking for information to build a system using those already purchased components:
- Lian Li Q08 case (Black),
- Seasonic X-Serie 650W full modular and Gold Certified,
- Corsair H50 Hydro series,
- Crucial SSD C300 64 Go SATA III for the OS,
- WD VelociRaptor 300 Go 16 Mo 10 000 tr/min – 2.5 inches SATA II (WD3000BLFS) for applications
This system is mainly an advanced desktop that will be able to do anything that is needed such as basic word processing, watching HD TV (No 3D), gaming, editing DV, etc…I will be connected to 22” screen.
Those are the components that I foresee to purchase to complete this system and I would like your opinions.
- Gigabyte H55N-USB3 Mini-ITX Motherboard,
- Western Digital 2To SATA II 64Mo (WD20EARS) hard drive for data only,
- Intel Core i7 875K CPU,
- OCZ DDR PC3 10600 2 X 4Go (OCZ3G1333LV8GK),
- Gigabyte GeForce GTS 450 (GV-N450OC-1GI),
- Plextor Blue Ray Drive (PX-B940SA),
I have also a question related to the 2 X USB3 ports at the front of the Q08 case. How do you connect them on the motherboard? What is at the other end of those 2X USB3 cable? What type of header that will be used to connect to the motherboard?
I read that there will be no USB3 headers on any MB unless Intel provides a chipset for them. However, Intel has been delaying any endorsement of USB3 because of Intel’s Light Peak. I am amazed that AMD has not made a move on this. If every MB based on AMD CPU could come with some USB3 headers ready, I think it will be great for AMD and the endorsement of USB3 by the market. In between, I think I am going to wait to move forward on this system. I will wait to have a Mini-ITX MB built in some type of USB3 headers and hoping than Lian Li will provide an adaptor connecting what so ever at the end of the cable of the USB3 connectors in front of the Lian Li QO8.