Talking about ATI Radeon 6xxx

Southern Islands (S.I.) is merely a stopgap inbetween evergreen and Northern Islands (N.I.). Better tessellation is expected, rumours are of 1920 shaders for the high-end as well. DX12 won't exist, though DX11.1 is rumoured. A september/October launch is expected. Around 20% performance boost expected with 35% hoped for.

I don't even look at this anymore until the official specs are released and the big sites post their review. To much speculation anymore. haha. I am sitting on my card for a while anyways :p

One thing that ATI DOES need bad is a good $200 card. The 5830 was a bad idea and filled a gap. The GTX 460 has really took the crown in that $200 sweet spot, which is where most casual gamers like to buy from. for us crazies who buy high end, there really isn't a ton of money to be made, its that middle of the road stuff.

ATI doesn't need anything, actually. According to the recent financial statement they've been supply constrained, meaning they've been shipping every card they produce.