ASUS P8H67-V reboot loop

G

Hi, I just got my new computer parts today and started putting it all together with great anticipation. To my uncomfortable surprise, though, the PC will reboot when trying to boot from.. well, anything.

When it occurs:
* Booting from DVD (CentOS 6 x64)
Crashes/reboots after "Loading initrd.img..."
* Booting from HDD (Same OS as above)
Crashes after displaying the progress bar for a split second.
* Booting from USB (Lubuntu 11.04 x64, Fedora 15 x64)

What I've tried so far:
* Disconnect all unneeded cables and peripherals, leaving only RAM, CPU, monitor, keyboard and a bootable device.
* Disconnect all SATA drives and only leave the IDE DVD-rom
* Both VGA and DVI on-board connectors
* Load optimized settings in BIOS
* Disable all unneeded features in BIOS
* AHCI mode and IDE mode
* Disable all but 1 core
* Remove all but 1 ram stick
* Different ram stick (from my older DDR3-system)

... and pretty much everything else I could think of. The BIOS is already flashed to the latest available version. I did not try another PSU because I am certain the current one works and I have no other CPU to test, so I'm thinking either the CPU or the Mobo is faulty.

Components:
MB: ASUS P8H67-V Rev 3.0 (Bios v. 0712)
RAM: Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (Clocked to 1333Mhz which is the max supported by the Mobo)
CPU: Intel i5 2500K 3.3Ghz
PSU: Corsair TX 750W

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? Maybe the motherboard or CPU is simply faulty and needs to be RMA'd.
Let me know if you need any more information, and thanks for any assistance.

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
100% sure it's MoBo, im currently having the same exact problem with my eMachines W5243 which is the Motherboard that caused it to shutdown I Tested HDD,CD-ROM(Switched) Flashed BIOS, Switched PSU, unplugged everything, Tried a different CPU... Im sure it's the MotherBoard...
My Question:
What hardware cause it to just shutdown without any error or warning?
CPU wouldn't cause it to immediately shutdown even if it's overheating(It does BSOD)
The best thing you can do is RMA it and buy a new one :D also get Z68 for 1600MHz to work!...

G

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad you could confirm my suspicions about the motherboard. All temps were at around 30c, so nothing wrong there. I'll RMA it and ask for a Z68. Didn't notice that the H67 didn't support 1600Mhz.

G

Okay, so I tried again today with my brand new motherboard and I'm still having the same problems. I guess it's the power supply acting up?