Unreal 2004 and Dolby Digital??

I have UT 2004, a SB Audigy ZS card and Logitech 5300 speakers. I can not
get surround to work in UT 2004 unless I select emulation mode in my sound
card setup (which isn't true surround). I've tried just about every
combination of sound settings I can think of with no luck.

Also, DVD movies and DVD audio play fine in DD 5.1, so I know everyhting is
connected and configured correctly. Any ideas??

Thanks!!
TK

Meltdown

ToddK enlightened us with:
> I have UT 2004, a SB Audigy ZS card and Logitech 5300 speakers. I can not
> get surround to work in UT 2004 unless I select emulation mode in my sound
> card setup (which isn't true surround).

What OS are you using? Things are quite a bit different in Windows,
Linux and Mac OS.

To take your subject literally, you can't get a game to produce Dolby
Digital - at least I haven't seen a game that can do that. You can get
5.1 surround sound to work, though.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.