• External Hard Drive
  • Brother
  • Error Message
  • Toshiba
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
December 30, 2012 9:38:31 PM

Hello,
My brother has an external harddrive, a Toshiba, I believe. He has been using it for the last year, and last used it just a few days ago. He tried to use it today and now it will not work. When he plugs it into the computer it gives him an error message that says "Not recognized. Product Malfunction" or something similar. We think it may have been unplugged while someone was loading something off of it. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it and if the data on it can be recovered? It has hundreds of pictures from his deployment to Iraq and we are trying so hard not to lose them. Any advice as to how we can recover these pictures would be greatly appreciated.

More about : external harddrive corrupted

January 18, 2013 1:51:44 PM

julieannstevens said:
Hello,
My brother has an external harddrive, a Toshiba, I believe. He has been using it for the last year, and last used it just a few days ago. He tried to use it today and now it will not work. When he plugs it into the computer it gives him an error message that says "Not recognized. Product Malfunction" or something similar. We think it may have been unplugged while someone was loading something off of it. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with it and if the data on it can be recovered? It has hundreds of pictures from his deployment to Iraq and we are trying so hard not to lose them. Any advice as to how we can recover these pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Julien,
I had been experienced that problem, too. My WD HD suddenly stop to work and said the drive corrupted/unreadable/incorrect parameter. Thought I still not now how to be able to use my WD HD again, I am able to recovered all my data using recovery software "GetDataBack". Just search it in goggle to find and download it. It worked great help for me.

Ntis
m
l
January 19, 2013 12:44:21 AM

In you situation, you need a free drive recovery program to recover your data. This freeware has helped my friend recover his inaccessible data from a corrupted flash drive. Actually, I recommend this freeware to him since I tried it to cope with my SD card recovery problem. And it works well. You should try it!
You could download it there: http://blog4mark.blogspot.com/2012/11/how-to-repair-cor...
Important note: if you want to get back your data completely, you should never rewrite the original data with any new data.
You also should get a good habit to back up your important data regularly in the future.
m
l
!