Sign in with
Your question

Hp pavilion slimeline s3400f video card upgrade options

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 11, 2010 9:51:46 PM

Hello, does anyone know which video card would be best for the hp pavilion slimeline s3400f? without buying a new power supply, if there is any...
a b U Graphics card
August 11, 2010 9:58:14 PM

A 5570 is probably the best you can do, strongest card I can name off the top of my head that comes in low profile to fit your case. It's also a really low power card so your power supply should handle it too.
m
l
Related resources
August 11, 2010 11:53:34 PM

Thanks guys, much appreciated!
m
l
August 12, 2010 12:29:14 AM

loneninja said:
A 5570 is probably the best you can do, strongest card I can name off the top of my head that comes in low profile to fit your case. It's also a really low power card so your power supply should handle it too.

If my Power Supply says Max output Power 160W , guess this would mean I would have a to get a power supply right? the 5570 cards says recommended 400w power suuply or greater :( 
m
l
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 12, 2010 1:27:08 AM

Wow. After looking it up it seems your system it does seem to have a 160w power supply. That is simply remarkably terrible. The worst I've seen to be honest. You shouldn't be putting any video card in that thing without upgrading the PSU.
m
l
August 12, 2010 12:59:45 PM

jyjjy said:
Wow. After looking it up it seems your system it does seem to have a 160w power supply. That is simply remarkably terrible. The worst I've seen to be honest. You shouldn't be putting any video card in that thing without upgrading the PSU.

Yup, I should've done more research before I bought it, guess the low price was the distraction lol..
m
l
!