Sign in with
Your question

Possible Directx malfunction?

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
November 11, 2011 12:40:01 AM

I'm not sure which forum to post this in, but i'll try my best.

In certain games (posting to the game forum has yielded no help.), i can only run them while using directx9. i have no idea why, but it seems to affect almost all my games, especially crysis, bfbc2, and bf3. also, using msi kombuster, the only test that runs above 40FPS uses directx9. when i open msi afterburner to monitor workload, the gpu is only working at 10-20% percent on the directx10 and 11 tests.

Please help. I have no idea what is causing the problems.

Sorry, i don't know whether to put this in drivers or any other sub-catagory, so i'm placing it in general discussion. pardon any mistakes.

specs:

phenom II x3 720 2.8Ghz
4GB DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 64bit SP1
EVGA GTX 560 ti superclocked.
Drivers: Forceware 285.62

More about : directx malfunction

a b $ Windows 7
November 11, 2011 5:57:16 AM

You could try and re-install DirectX; it's downloadable from Microsoft.

It might also be worthwhile re-installing you GPU driver. Remove it, boot into Safe mode, and use Driver Sweeper to clean out any remnants. Then install the latest version.
m
l
November 11, 2011 10:01:16 AM

Herr_Koos said:
You could try and re-install DirectX; it's downloadable from Microsoft.

It might also be worthwhile re-installing you GPU driver. Remove it, boot into Safe mode, and use Driver Sweeper to clean out any remnants. Then install the latest version.

Thanks,I'll try that. I've had this problem with two graphics cards,so I highly doubt both of them were defective. Also, when I go to the Microsoft website, I can only find directx 9 updates. Can you please post a link to the proper one that I should download?
m
l
Related resources
November 12, 2011 1:46:26 AM

..... Windows corrupted on me. i ordered a replacement OEM disk. it's coming in two weeks. i also need a new hard drive. if the problem arises again, i will post here again.
m
l
!