Suggestions For New CPU Purchase

DoubleAG

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I'm thinking about purchasing a new CPU but I'm not sure if I should upgrade my motherboard to get a CPU from the i-series or if I should just stick with a core 2 quad. I'm planning on spending $300 or less. My computer specs are a 750i nforce motherboard designed for an intel socket 775 FSB support 1333Mhz, nvidia gtx 275, core 2 duo e7400, 8gb ram, Windows 7 64bit. Thanks for the help.

Solution
Assuming you use your system primarily for gaming, i'll recommend getting a C2Q 9550.. Its quite powerful and also, overclocks nicely.. If you want to go for an core i series quad core, you'll need to increase your budget to get a good motherboard and ddr3 ram..
Assuming you use your system primarily for gaming, i'll recommend getting a C2Q 9550.. Its quite powerful and also, overclocks nicely.. If you want to go for an core i series quad core, you'll need to increase your budget to get a good motherboard and ddr3 ram..

Solution

DoubleAG

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009

Yeah I was thinking that would be the best choice for my budget. I just wanted to see some other opinions. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS