Solved

Typing too slow

Hello,
my son did something to my keyboard and every stroke takes 1 sec to type. not repeat or delay (checked) not battery (pc) this took 5 min to type. help!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about typing slow
  1. swapped keyboards ~ same issue...
  2. Have you gone through all the keyboard settings in the control panel?

Otherwise go into device manager and uninstall the keyboard, reboot and see if that helps.
  3. Best answer
    Press both shift keys at the same time. If not working go to the control panel/accessibility and untick all that's in there.
  4. If everything else is running smoothly, delayed keystroke entry can be a sign of a keylogger.
  5. Thanks, all! I think it was the handicapped setting in the control panel, maybe sticky fingers? I have no idea how he turned it on, and I didn't realize I had that kind of a setting.. I went straight to the keyboard portion of the control panel, and that was no help at all. I finally thought to do a System Restore point. I had to go back two weeks, but that did the trick.
  6. Best answer selected by rachel67ls.
  7. rachel67ls said:
    Thanks, all! I think it was the handicapped setting in the control panel, maybe sticky fingers? I have no idea how he turned it on, and I didn't realize I had that kind of a setting.. I went straight to the keyboard portion of the control panel, and that was no help at all. I finally thought to do a System Restore point. I had to go back two weeks, but that did the trick.

going to accessability options and UNCHECKING everything works!
Ask a new question

Read More

Battery Keyboards Components