pics won't transfer to computer

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
January 5, 2005 1:18:37 AM

Canon Powershot S200. Using a USB port connection to transfer from Camera
itself to Zoombrowser. Has worked for me 3 years. Now I get a error box
that says the camera is not connected and it can't read it. I have checked
my connections and even tried reloading the Zoombrowser cd that came w/ the
camera. Can anyone help me or give me suggestions on something to try? It
may be something simple; hope so. TIA
bob

More about : pics transfer computer

January 5, 2005 7:44:30 AM

"bb" <bb@attbi.com> wrote in message
> Canon Powershot S200. Using a USB port connection to transfer from Camera
> itself to Zoombrowser. Has worked for me 3 years. Now I get a error box
> that says the camera is not connected and it can't read it. I have
> checked my connections and even tried reloading the Zoombrowser cd that
> came w/ the camera. Can anyone help me or give me suggestions on
> something to try? It may be something simple; hope so. TIA
> bob

Bob, did you uninstall all your photo drivers (e.g.: USB, TWAIN, WIA, and
whatever else) before you reloaded the Canon software. Canon support site
has instructions for uninstalling drivers for various OS. Once you're
*fully* uninstalled you could try reloading the software and drivers again.

Just a thought -- hope that helps

If all else fails, write to Canon support or call their toll-free support
number. I found Canon support to be very responsive both ways.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 12:04:00 PM

"Renee" <rr@invalid.org> writes:

> Bob, did you uninstall all your photo drivers (e.g.: USB, TWAIN, WIA, and
> whatever else) before you reloaded the Canon software. Canon support site
> has instructions for uninstalling drivers for various OS. Once you're
> *fully* uninstalled you could try reloading the software and drivers again.

Sounds like that worked for Bob. For me, I'm glad I just use gphoto2 on
Linux. Windows is a fine OS for do-it-yourselfers, but for those of us
who want to keep it simple it's good there are other options.

--

http://ourdoings.com/ Let your digital photos organize themselves.
Sign up today for a 7-day free trial.

anyone4tennis@hotmail.com wrote:

> Canon Powershot S200. Using a USB port connection to transfer from Camera
> itself to Zoombrowser. Has worked for me 3 years. Now I get a error box
> that says the camera is not connected and it can't read it. I have checked
> my connections and even tried reloading the Zoombrowser cd that came w/ the
> camera. Can anyone help me or give me suggestions on something to try? It
> may be something simple; hope so. TIA
> bob

You didn't reload pictures back into the camera that you'd modified or even
just rotated? This is a common problem. If no, then there may be a fault
with the cable itself. Beg, borrow or steal a card reader and try that.
If that doesn't work, it must be some corruption in the firmware within the
camera.
January 5, 2005 3:04:24 PM

thanks for your help..

"stewy" <stewy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> anyone4tennis@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> Canon Powershot S200. Using a USB port connection to transfer from
>> Camera
>> itself to Zoombrowser. Has worked for me 3 years. Now I get a error box
>> that says the camera is not connected and it can't read it. I have
>> checked
>> my connections and even tried reloading the Zoombrowser cd that came w/
>> the
>> camera. Can anyone help me or give me suggestions on something to try?
>> It
>> may be something simple; hope so. TIA
>> bob
>>

> You didn't reload pictures back into the camera that you'd modified or
> even
> just rotated? This is a common problem. If no, then there may be a fault
> with the cable itself. Beg, borrow or steal a card reader and try that.
> If that doesn't work, it must be some corruption in the firmware within
> the
> camera.

January 5, 2005 4:30:30 PM

Renee, that worked! Thanks so much. I had not uninstalled and that was
what I did wrong.

news:o gKCd.196904$Oc.9171@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

!