Erased my HD life with one click? is it possible or am i stupid?

jonobil

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Erased a file on my LaCie 500gb drive but it seems that i have erased all my things with it and turned the external drive into 31.9GB capacity..

DO NOT UNDERSTAND???

avjguy2362

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Just maybe....Is the internal drive a Seagate? I had a similiar problem and sent the drive in to get a new one only to find out that a fews days later Seagate had a firmware/process to fix the problem without losing the data!! You need to contact LaCie or check their web site asap to find out if they have your fix, before you start to do something dumb like I did!

jonobil

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012

Hey thanks for the reply, could the lost data possibly be on the internal HD on the computer? because of it being an external drive that was wiped i thought it wouldn't have anything to do with internal drive on cpu. I have contacted LaCie but they seem to be a little slow..

Thanks for you help :hello:

avjguy2362

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
If the LaCie uses software to automatically do back ups then you may need to use their provided software to "see" the files. There are many ways to do back-ups, frequently as choices in the software. Any files on your internal drives should not be affected. If all your normal programs are working and you can access all of your files: word files, music, pictures, movies etc, then you are OK.