Looking at 2 sound cards

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Sound Blaster
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
December 15, 2010 11:52:03 PM

okay i just got the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi USB. I thought it would be cool to have a sound card on your desk that is easily accessible...untill i found out after i bought it, there is horrible sound delay. i followed what support told me and still nothing. so untill i know something that will work, and won't cause my system to crash i am giving up.

So these are two that i am thinking about, i wouldnt want to spend to much more than 50ish

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

how do you think recording will be? i am not looking for the best recording card just one that i know will sound okay and now give me much lag. the problem i had with the xfi usb is what i heard when i was recording was delayed to what was being recorded so much in fact notes would make it sound like there is subdivisions and such in the beat.

i just want to make sure i do my research and not have to deal with sending crap back and getting new products... again.

More about : sound cards

December 16, 2010 12:26:02 PM

The links you posted are no-good.
m
l
Related resources
December 16, 2010 6:02:30 PM

sorry bout that
m
l
December 16, 2010 6:07:23 PM

ASUS Supports higher sample rate and supports DTS decoding. We have a winner.

I also think Creative's stuff is over-rated most times.

m
l
December 16, 2010 6:10:54 PM

ya, i am just worried about recording, i dont play games much as my computers graphic card isnt top notch, but i play trumpet and guitar and i just dont want as much lag from recording with a mic that i had with the creative usb. and it seams like creatives drivers and programs take a big toll out of your system.
m
l
December 16, 2010 6:15:56 PM

inevitable08 said:
ya, i am just worried about recording, i dont play games much as my computers graphic card isnt top notch, but i play trumpet and guitar and i just dont want as much lag from recording with a mic that i had with the creative usb. and it seams like creatives drivers and programs take a big toll out of your system.

You'll want to get a low-latency input device for that anyways. Sound cards in this echelon aren't really designed for professional recording. Not that they're bad, just not intended for that. M-Audio sells some good low-latency devices for this purpose. Check them out. :) 
m
l
December 16, 2010 6:18:27 PM

alright thanks :) 
m
l
!