Sign in with
Your question

Need some help with the fans..

Last response: in Systems
September 22, 2010 3:33:20 AM

I guess everyone but me gets how this is done.. I have a Evga p55 SLI motherboard, Antec 600 case and XFX black edition 850W power supply.

I'm wondering about 2 things:

first, with the case fans, I'm guessing I take the connecters from the powersupply that are 6-8 pin and plug them into the power supply and on the other end 2 case fans? and use two of em? or do I use the 2 that came with the motherboard? they are slightly different.

Also: my PWRLED cable from the case is 3 prong (only 2 going into it) while my motherboards PWRLED connector is 2. it looks like this [ + ] [ o ] [ - ] type of deal, if you get what im saying

Thanks!!

More about : fans

September 22, 2010 3:42:38 AM

your motherboard or fan should have come w/ connection adapters.
That go from 4-pin power connections from the PSU to something usable by the fan (usually a small 2 or 3 pin connection). These will plug into the same kind of connection that a HD, floppy Drive, ect get their power from.
m
l
September 22, 2010 3:47:57 AM

no, the fans are a large 4 prong while the hd, cd drive, etc have a serial ata from what I can tell.
m
l
September 22, 2010 5:56:22 AM

jbrussee said:
no, the fans are a large 4 prong while the hd, cd drive, etc have a serial ata from what I can tell.

This is a standard 4-pin molex connector. Your power supply should have a number of matching connectors.

They look like this:
http://images.ncix.com/forumimages/122C9266-840A-10A8-B...
m
l
!