Sign in with
Your question

Is this PSU compatible with my system?

Last response: in Components
December 16, 2010 1:48:21 AM

I know most PSU's are compatible with most any computer (desktop wise) but i like to be extra certain so i wont blow my money on something that won't work. I would like to buy a new PSU so i can have some extra room for upgrading. I would like to know if this PSU
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Cooler+Master+-+Elite+460-W...

is compatible with my system. Will the 24-pin conectors fit into my mobo and are there enough pin connectors for all of my harware to use. Here is a EXACT copy of my computer and everything it has in it mapped out.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume....

Sorry for the long links :??: 

[Im probably the person thats asked the most questions on this forum :p  ]

More about : psu compatible system

a b ) Power supply
December 16, 2010 10:55:40 AM

Your hp link has expired. But if your hp case is a standard micro atx case (not the slim case which takes a special ps), then the cooler master should work fine. The coolermaster is not a great ps, but should run your system components and support a mid range video card if you upgrade. I recommend the 4670 chipset for a video card upgrade with this ps.
December 16, 2010 11:23:42 AM

Oh im so sorry, I should have checked if the links worked! heres the info you mostly need to know for about my motherboard so if the PSU might work with it.

HP Pavilion a6433w Desktop PC Product Specifications
Product release information
Product number
KJ385AA
Release date
17-Mar-2008
Country/region sold in
US, Canada
Motherboard
IPIBL-LB (Benicia)

Figure 1:

Manufacturer: Asus
Form factor: microATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
Chipset:

Northbridge chipset: Intel G33 Express
Southbridge chipset: Intel ICH9R

Memory sockets: 4 x DDR2
Front side bus speeds: 1333/1066/800 MHz
Processor socket: 775
Expansion Slots:

1 PCI x16 slot for graphics card
2 PCI x1 slots
1 PCI slot

For more details, see Benicia motherboard specifications .

I plan to buy the Geforce GTS 250 for it, that should work just fine since the required power it needs is about 300 to 350 watts and this PSU is about 450 watts. Ive heard some negative remarks about cooler master but I believe it should work just fine if It has enough power any how. If possible do you know if the PSU you might have enough volts or watts in the rails and if it might come with a 6 pin connector and if not could you suggest me a PSU that has a 6 pin connector for the graphics card and the proper connector for my mother board, it would be much appreciated :) 

Related resources
a b ) Power supply
December 16, 2010 11:36:45 AM

You'll just have to try it. Total system load is what matters, not the motherboard. Cheaper ps may fail under full load, but a better brand power supply will cost about twice the price. Save your old power supply and use the warranty if the new one fails.
December 16, 2010 7:44:33 PM

o1die said:
You'll just have to try it. Total system load is what matters, not the motherboard. Cheaper ps may fail under full load, but a better brand power supply will cost about twice the price. Save your old power supply and use the warranty if the new one fails.

This PSU is more then enough for the geforce card so im not worrying about power supply. Im asking if the PSU is compatible with my mobo as in will the 24-pin connector fit into my mother board and I think it will; waiting for a proper reply though.
a b ) Power supply
December 16, 2010 8:51:04 PM

It's not the motherboard, but case size that matters. If your case is a standard hp atx or micro atx case, then the coolermaster will fit in the case bracket. The 24 pin lead and 4 pin 12v lead are standardized for all newer motherboards, though some require an 8 pin connector instead of 4.
December 16, 2010 9:38:26 PM

o1die said:
It's not the motherboard, but case size that matters. If your case is a standard hp atx or micro atx case, then the coolermaster will fit in the case bracket. The 24 pin lead and 4 pin 12v lead are standardized for all newer motherboards, though some require an 8 pin connector instead of 4.

Ok thanks, I know this will defiantly fit in my case.
!