mitch_22

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Ok here it is i had a k9a platinum motherboard it worked fine.The fan went out on the videocard it started showing lines it got alil hot still works thou.
Put a spare in and went shoping for a new one.Found a xfx 5770 at best buys got it tried to put it on my k9a platinum motherboard nothing but 8 beeps and no boot after some research and a few tips from the good people on this website found that the k9a would not work with the 577o......o
So i went ahead and and ordered the msi 790xt=g45 motherboard from www.newegg.com and so i got it put in now i get 2 beeps and still no boot tried using msi live update there is no update so im at a loss i have tried multi sticks a ram from my other comp still same stuff.. The 5770 works just fine in my other pc it has k9n4 i think it is ya thats it. omg im ready to beat this thing to death if you can help please do.

mitch_22

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010

i mean it just powers up and beeps twice and no screen. live update is msi motherbard program that will search for lastest bios,drivers,ect.ect i did that with my spare videocard.im not a pro at computers but what is psu? Thanks for the help:}

Timop

Distinguished

PSU is the power-supply, 850W should be alright, but can I have the model to be sure?

Check if both 6-pin cables are plugged in and re-seat the card. Does the fan spin?
(Another thing, so the Spare work just fine? What model is it?)

mitch_22

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010

it only takes one 6pin cable and ya its plugged in fan does spin.other vc is a nivdia nx8600

mitch_22

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Man it just really upsets me that i took a good motherboard out just to get anew one doing kinda the same stuff from everything i can gather the msi 790xt will work with the 5770 but with hands full of hair im gonna be bald soon.