Please help

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Platinum
  • Motherboards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 12, 2010 3:16:48 AM

Ok here it is i had a k9a platinum motherboard it worked fine.The fan went out on the videocard it started showing lines it got alil hot still works thou.
Put a spare in and went shoping for a new one.Found a xfx 5770 at best buys got it tried to put it on my k9a platinum motherboard nothing but 8 beeps and no boot after some research and a few tips from the good people on this website found that the k9a would not work with the 577o......o
So i went ahead and and ordered the msi 790xt=g45 motherboard from www.newegg.com and so i got it put in now i get 2 beeps and still no boot tried using msi live update there is no update so im at a loss i have tried multi sticks a ram from my other comp still same stuff.. The 5770 works just fine in my other pc it has k9n4 i think it is ya thats it. omg im ready to beat this thing to death if you can help please do.

More about : question

August 12, 2010 3:34:25 AM

Im not good at computers but maybe your powersupply isnt big enough?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2010 3:40:34 AM

Yup, the PSU could definitely be the problem.
But what do you mean no boot? Does it get to the BIOS screen?
(How were you able to get live update working if I may ask? With the spare?)
m
l
Related resources
August 12, 2010 3:43:44 AM

zumax4 series i think it a 850 watt im only running a amd64 4800 i dont think thats it
m
l
August 12, 2010 3:48:44 AM

Timop said:
Yup, the PSU could definitely be the problem.
But what do you mean no boot? Does it get to the BIOS screen?
(How were you able to get live update working if I may ask? With the spare?)

i mean it just powers up and beeps twice and no screen. live update is msi motherbard program that will search for lastest bios,drivers,ect.ect i did that with my spare videocard.im not a pro at computers but what is psu? Thanks for the help:}
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2010 3:53:05 AM

mitch_22 said:
i mean it just powers up and beeps twice and no screen. live update is msi motherbard program that will search for lastest bios,drivers,ect.ect i did that with my spare videocard.im not a pro at computers but what is psu? Thanks for the help:}

PSU is the power-supply, 850W should be alright, but can I have the model to be sure?

Check if both 6-pin cables are plugged in and re-seat the card. Does the fan spin?
(Another thing, so the Spare work just fine? What model is it?)
m
l
August 12, 2010 4:05:50 AM

Timop said:
PSU is the power-supply, 850W should be alright, but can I have the model to be sure?

Check if both 6-pin cables are plugged in and re-seat the card. Does the fan spin?
(Another thing, so the Spare work just fine? What model is it?)

it only takes one 6pin cable and ya its plugged in fan does spin.other vc is a nivdia nx8600
m
l
August 12, 2010 4:14:45 AM

Man it just really upsets me that i took a good motherboard out just to get anew one doing kinda the same stuff from everything i can gather the msi 790xt will work with the 5770 but with hands full of hair im gonna be bald soon.
m
l
!