Sign in with
Your question

Computer hangs at motherboard screen

Last response: in Motherboards
August 12, 2011 8:01:47 PM

It's a home built system that was built exactly a year ago this time. I didn't have this problem until like 5 months ago. When I boot the system, it gets stuck on the Gigabyte motherboard screen. The computer will boot through and will work fine if I unplug all usb things (phone and razor mouse). Unplugging all the usb connections is more of a temporary fix and is kind of a hassle so I shut my computer off like once a week only.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I don't think its any of the hardware because if I boot computer without usb connections plugged it it would work perfectly fine. If anything, I could try to change cables on power supply?

And please, if you give directions can you please try to give step by step directions. My computer knowledge isn't that good. I didn't build my computer myself, but I want to fix it myself.

Thanks.
a c 716 V Motherboard
August 12, 2011 8:47:17 PM

Couple questions:
Q1 - How and where exactly are the 'Devices' attached to the MOBO?
Q2 - What exact Gigabyte MOBO? {Model & Revision}
Q3 - IF the {razor mouse} is disconnected and the {phone} is connected does it still stall?
m
l
August 12, 2011 9:01:44 PM

jaquith said:
Couple questions:
Q1 - How and where exactly are the 'Devices' attached to the MOBO?
Q2 - What exact Gigabyte MOBO? {Model & Revision}
Q3 - IF the {razor mouse} is disconnected and the {phone} is connected does it still stall?

1. I plug the razer deathadder mouse in the back directly onto the motherboard in back of computer (not usb 3.0 port). I plug my htc evo on the usb port in front of the case.

2. GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

3. Yes

m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2011 9:34:47 PM

Dont have the phone pluged in when booting.... i have the same issue when i have my ipod pluged in.
m
l
!