Sign in with
Your question

No sound from system speakers

Last response: in Components
December 16, 2010 2:51:36 AM

Hello,
I have a gateway model m465-e laptop and have recently updated to windows 7,only issue i have is that the system wont detect the speakers for the computer as well as wont read any info on the sound processor or sound card as well as the gateway website doesnt recognize serial number,no help there,ive heard when this happens i must update the audio driver to make it compatible with windows 7 unfortunately i have no info on the driver installed,except it says hd audio driver also dont have info on what the sound processor or sound card installed is,i need some info if u have similar laptop or maybe a link to where to find this info or to download audio driver,thanks in advance ,all recommendations or solutions welcome

More about : sound system speakers

a b $ Windows 7
December 16, 2010 2:19:25 PM

On the downloads page for the Gateway m465-e, there is an audio driver listed for Vista, but not Win7. The Vista drivers should work, however, so I suggest you try them first.

Here is a link to the Vista audio driver: http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?...(32-bit/64-bit)%20Sigmatel%20Audio%20Driver%20version:%206.10.5337.0&uid=290637061
m
l
!