Windows Explorer - show in groups - sort order

I'm having a problem getting Explorer to show in groups and sort the
resulting groups alphabetically (A-Z). Explorer wants to sort (Z-A) (by
selecting TYPE in the explorer window, sort order will temporarily sort A-Z,
but will revert back to Z-A, even after CTL-Close).

Is it possible to (a) show in groups (b) within each group, sort files A-Z?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows explorer show groups sort order

    On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:22:39 +0200, Visum wrote:

    > I'm having a problem getting Explorer to show in groups and sort the
    > resulting groups alphabetically (A-Z). Explorer wants to sort (Z-A) (by
    > selecting TYPE in the explorer window, sort order will temporarily sort A-Z,
    > but will revert back to Z-A, even after CTL-Close).
    >
    > Is it possible to (a) show in groups (b) within each group, sort files A-Z?
    >
    > Thanks

    With sort order based on name, turn off groups for a moment. How do the
    objects list? If Z-A, go to Details view and click the name column to
    reverse the list to A-Z.

    If this behavior (Z-A) is consistent in all folders and dialog boxes, open
    Explorer to the root drive (usually C:). Using Details view, set the sort
    order to A-Z. Then press Ctrl and click the X to close Explorer.
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Configuration Windows Explorer Explorer Windows XP