dlquinton

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
So I'm using the following:

Gigabyte ga-ma770-s3 mobo
amd athlon 64 x2 processor
1g 1066mhz gskill ram
power revel rb-atx400a power supply

My CPU fan isn't spinning, no post, but the fans on ALL my other components are working. I've poked around looking for people with similar problems in this forum. I've already tried putting the mobo on a piece of cardboard and testing it with the power supply, tried the paperclip on the power button tong things (dig my technical terms), and tried removing various components (right now its on my desk with just the SPU, CPU, and RAM attached. I'm not even getting beeps. I have suspicions, but I admit my inexperience with an issue like this and seek the help of ones more wise than I. I'm thinking I am going to need to buy something - _ -

*edit* I should also mention that for a few days prior I was having my wireless card tell me it couldnt' find enough resources to work (code 12). Dunno if that helps the diagnosis.

Reseat your ram first; if it still doesn't post, check your motherboard website page for a "cpu support" section, and see if your cpu may need a newer bios file. You can sometimes flash it with an older cpu. If your cpu is listed with the original bios file under "bios" then you may want to try a different power supply before additional troubleshooting. You will only get beeps with the case speaker connected, or the little cheesy speakers that come with some new cases. The speaker pins are near the case pin led's and number 4, though only two wires are active.

dlquinton

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
I tried all the suggestions and still no dice. re seated the ram, took the bios battery out for like five or ten minutes. I couldn't find the wire for my case speaker, which struck me as odd. Should I try with another power supply?