Backup power supply.

bfabey

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
Hello,
Hi, Please let me know how to connect two power supplies together, one to work as backup. If one supply become faulty, other to take over.

Unless you're an electrical engineer, I doubt you're going to be able to do that. Plus, from my limited knowledge of circuits (I'm a Nuke student), it wouldn't even work that way because if one failed, the other one wouldn't work. They'd have to be hooked up in parallel and both plugged into the motherboard at the same time.

You could always buy another PSU and keep it in the closet after you test to make sure it works. Just keep it in an anti static bag so dust doesn't build up inside it or anything.

andebkr

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
That's an interesting thought on your part. It would be a very good thing to give it a try and see if it works out in a proper manner. Giving it a second thought, I would like to add that though it sounds quite simple but to have it implemented in a proper manner would be a tedious job. The first things is that it has to be parallel and so any problem in one will in one way or the other affect the other too.