Sign in with
Your question

IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
December 16, 2010 4:47:07 AM

my comp restarts 4-5 times during boot [running windows 7] and gives the following error IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL.
ubuntu gives me a kernel panic and tells some errors with 'CPU word' being used a lot such as CPU0 idle clock.. etc :heink: 

i have tested my ram and hdd and they are working fine.

the following sequence takes place:
if i am booting for the first time in the day:
restart 4-5 time throwing errors
works fine here on after

if i shutdown and restart immediately
no errors :bounce: 

if i shutdown and restart after 1 hour or so
error cycle repeats again :( 

SPECS: :love: 

intel core2quad q6600 g0 [stock]
xfx ati radeon 5850 [stock]
transcend 2x2gb ram 800mhz
seasonic psu 620w
wd 320gb hdd
nzxt lexa s case

temps: idle 35c load 49c

please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ange: 

More about : irql equal

December 16, 2010 6:05:17 AM

I had the same problem. I did a RESTORE and even went so far as to reformat my HardDrive and reinstall WINDOWS (XP SP2) but without success.

I did a full scan with PCtools antivirus and it persisted. Then I tried Antimalware and found some trojans etc. This did the trick but once in a while I still get it i.e twice in the past two months. The Antimalware version I use is not the full program (almost a try and buy version without a time limit) Maybe there is still some undetected trojan or malware somewhere on the system. The one trojan was a Windows file !
a b à CPUs
December 16, 2010 6:56:16 AM

It is probably a clash of one of the drivers that you may have in you PC. Update all drivers to the latest and see if the issue persists!
Related resources
December 16, 2010 11:29:18 AM

yeah i tried both but no good :( 
a b à CPUs
December 16, 2010 12:23:18 PM

IRQL errors in XP and above are 99.9% of the time: Memory errors. Can be driver conflicts, but those are rare these days...

Test each memory stick, one at a time.
!