Asus motherboard

Hello,
Today i got my new "ASUS M4A89GTD" motherboard with a "AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition" processor and 8gigs with "Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz" .. I also got a "Gainward GeForce GTX 550Ti 1GB PhysX" .. So when i had it all set up and ready to go i started up my computer, but to my horror the screen wouldnt work.. I tried with both the inboard graphiccard and the geforce one.. nothing worked.. I also tried to take the battery of the motherboard in and out, took out half the RAM and tried switching PSI contact.. Someone that can helpp?
7 answers Last reply
More about asus motherboard
  1. Welcome to Tom's Forums! :)

First, make certain the RAM is installed in the same colored slots Black + Black OR Blue + Blue; not Black + Blue; failure try the other 2 slots. Next, assuming it's your RAM; see page 2-22 of your manual MemOK follow the procedure.

Don't change any of the MOBO switches e.g. Turbo Key Switch 2-23, or Core Unlocker 2-24.

Hoping you can get to the BIOS after MemOK:
    AI Overclock Tuner -> DOCP
    DRAM OC Profile -> DDR3-1600 MHz
    DRAM Timing Configuration /Enter
    CAS -> 9
    RAS -> 9
    RAS PRE -> 9
    RAS ACT -> 24
    DRAM Command Rate -> 2T
    DRAM Voltage -> 1.50v

Since you didn't list your exact RAM the above are typical CAS Timing & Voltage; please post a link.
  2. http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=491275#extra

This is a Norwegian site, but i think you'll get the info you need without knowing norwegian..
  3. DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24-2T @ 1.65v

AI Overclock Tuner -> DOCP
    DRAM OC Profile -> DDR3-1600 MHz
    CAS -> 8
    RAS -> 8
    RAS PRE -> 8
    RAS ACT -> 24
    DRAM Command Rate -> 2T
    DRAM Voltage -> 1.65v
  4. Ive tried every combination with the RAM now, and it doesnt work.. it seems that there is something wrong with the motherboard since the screen wont react when i start the computer..
  5. i also tried the jumper thingie, and removing the battery at the same time..this is just tearing me apart!
  6. There is no reason to go crazy and pull your hair out. Replace the motherboard with Gigabyte or Intel. No more problem.
  7. Try slower settings:
    DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24-2T @ 1.65v

AI Overclock Tuner -> Manual ; Auto might work but you need to access Frequency & Timings
    DRAM Frequency -> DDR3-1333 MHz
    CAS -> 8
    RAS -> 8
    RAS PRE -> 8
    RAS ACT -> 24
    DRAM Command Rate -> 2T
    DRAM Voltage -> 1.50v

--- failure ---

DRAM Frequency -> DDR3-1333 MHz
    CAS -> 9