Sign in with
Your question

Just finished another build

Last response: in Systems
September 22, 2010 1:41:41 PM

Ok so I got tired of sharing my pc with the kiddies and decided it was time I build a pc just for me. I wanted to do it in the cheapest way possible so I got on ebay and started my search. Already having a gpu, psu and case, my main priorities were mobo cpu and memory. I set my budget for those at around $300-$350(what I sold my golf clubs for). First thing I got was memory...4Gb Corsair DDR3 1600 for $55 brand new. Tested on a buddy's pc and it worked great(actually was brand new too). So next I started looking for a mobo and cpu. My original intentions were to try and find a PII 965 and AMD mobo. I figured that was within my budget and was considering just getting them off Newegg for the reasurance of knowing they were new. Had the board and cpu both saved in my cart when I decided to give Ebay one last chance. While looking I happened to find an auction near it's end that caught my eye. An i7 860, Gigabyte P55A-UD4P mobo and an aftermarket cooler. I ended up winning the auction for $250. I paid the guy and within 4 days Fedex dropped off my package. Sure enough everything was there complete and intact. Put it all together and it worked!!. For $310 I got a better-then-expected setup for myself and with my old(6months old) components my kids have a great pc too.

My PC now:
i7 860 w/Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
GB P55A-UD4P
4GB Corsair DDR3 1600
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB
EVGA GTX 260 216 SC
PC P&C Silencer 750w
SB X-Fi Xgamer
CM 690II w/window side panel

My kiddies' rig:
Phenom 2 X2 550(Unlocked to X4)w/Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme
Gigabyte MA770-UD3
4GB G.Skill 1066
2xWestern Digital Raptors 80gb in Raid 0
XFX 9800GTX(got it a year ago for a back up)
Corsair 550VX(bought from my brother a while back)
Antec 900

I couldn't be happier with what I have now. My kids are very excited about me not kicking them off anymore. And the wife...she's got her new laptop, so she's happy too. Everything I bought off ebay is still under warranty for most of the next 3 years so I'm good there. Anyway's , you guys here in the forumns have always been helpful to me in the past so I just wanted to share this experience with you. Thanks.

More about : finished build

September 22, 2010 1:43:46 PM

Nice build :) 
m
l
September 23, 2010 9:57:52 AM

Cool..maybe u can post some pix..
m
l
September 23, 2010 2:12:13 PM

Thanks. I may take and post some pics over the weekend if I have time.

As for my reply to Zip...Last I knew these were public forumns where people came to get help or share their new rigs. Yes, I am excited about my build and I posted about it. It's simple , if you don't like the post then don't read it or reply to it. No need to be that way about it.
m
l
!