Gacale

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
Hey guys. First off you can probably all see I'm pretty new here, but I've been hanging out a while, lurking the reviews and forum. I'm approaching my first build, and this site has been invaluable in that process. Thanks a lot!

And on to my question/issue: I've scraped together pieces from newegg, and will probably have them shipped across the ocean from a mailbox in New Jersey to Norway, which saves me about 250$, 10-15% of my budget (even after import tax). All well and nice, but the issue here is the PSU - If I got this right, you use a 120V/60Hz power outlet, plug type A or B (example). In Norway, we use a 230V/50Hz type E (here are more on the sockets, but it really doesn't matter, as my question applies in general to PSUs more than the household power)

I see on newegg that the PSU I've chosen does support both 230V and 50Hz input, so the problem here is the socket. I found this little gem on amazon - it seems I will be able to use that for my socket.

So will this cable do the trick for me, or are each cable "unique" to it's PSU? Or will a IEC-13 cable work for PSUs?

Also, feel free to tell me if that PSU is crap, but my general question still stands! :)
And thanks a lot for replies!

EDIT: After doing some more research on this, I'm pretty certain it will work - but a second opinion would be great!

Solution
It looks standard at the PSU end, so my best bet is that it will work.
Another option would be to use a plug adapter (not a power converter, just the adapter), but again, I don't think that will be necessary. Good luck with your new build.
It looks standard at the PSU end, so my best bet is that it will work.
Another option would be to use a plug adapter (not a power converter, just the adapter), but again, I don't think that will be necessary. Good luck with your new build.

Solution