Considering upgrading.

G

Hi there all, i have 250 pounds to spend on possible upgrades to my current custom built rig.

Here are some of my specs

Running on Win7
CPU: AMD Phenom 9650 Quad Core Proccessor 2.3ghz
Ram: 2GB
GPU: Ati Radeon 5700 Series (5740 specifically)
Motherboard: ASUS M3N72-D.

If anyone could possibly link me to a direct site (UK based) with their recommended purchases to help this rig upgrade that'd be schweet!

I'm guessing ram is going to be everyones suggestion!

But yeah, the upgrading costs is 250 pounds strictly.

I was considering just buying a montior, but i'll see waht you guys think first.

Thanks alot for the help

The best upgrade!
4GB RAM is the best upgrade for you.

Other things can wait.
AMD Buldozer, Intel Sandybridge, and AMD/ATI HD6000 are comming.
You might wanna snap the new one for yourself or you might enjoy the price drop of all currently available items.

G

How much would 4GB of ram cost me?

Is it specifc to my motherboard type?

http://www.ebuyer.com - Could you recommend purchases from this website? (ram wise)

Also, i HAVE to spend the 250 pounds.

So do you think i shud just get ram and a montior thats better than the FLATRON M228WD?

Thanks for replying

G

Been looking at Ram on ebuyer. Man what a cluster cuss!

No idea what i should be getting at all, may just get a monitor instead, this stuff is way over my head lawls.

I've installed everyhting before, except ram which i just whacked in when i first built my PC, everyhting else i've re-changed.

Any advice on what kind of DDR2 ram i should get off ebbuyer wud be awesome. I dont think DDR3 is compatible with my motherboard

What RAM do you currently have in there? If you currently have two sticks of 1GB DDR2-800, then you just want to get 2 more sticks of 1GB DDR2-800.

Double check the model on your GPU, I dont think it can possibly be a 5740.

That Flatron is a decent 1920x1200 LG built TV/Monitor. I dont know why you think replacing it will do you much good. I think its far more likely your graphics card cant handle it, but the GPU model you listed doesnt make sense.