Fuji Finepix cradles - transfer problems?

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 5, 2005 1:55:08 AM

Has anyone had/heard of problems transferring pics from Fuji Finepix
cameras in cradles to the PC? The computer seems to freeze up on mine
when I try to do it.

PW
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 2:56:28 PM

anyone4tennis@hotmail.com wrote:

> Has anyone had/heard of problems transferring pics from Fuji Finepix
> cameras in cradles to the PC? The computer seems to freeze up on mine
> when I try to do it.

I've always been a bit suspicious of cradles, as well as those dedicated
USB leads. I think using a cradle to recharge the camera battery and using a
card reader to download the pictures maybe a bit more time consuming but
it's better in the long run. My dedicated USB failed after about a year with
my Sony S-70 meaning I HAD to use a card reader. If the camera had added
features (eg The Fuji 50i mp3 player) than the cradle may be of more
benefit.
!