Sandy Bridge and CP-850

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj1060

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
I am planning on building a new computer with Sandy Bridge and I was planning on using the Antec CP-850. Assuming that the motherboard I purchase has an 8pin connector for th CPU what cord would I connect to that spot? Would I just use the 4 pin ATX12V or the 8pin EPS12V? I have read that the EPS is not compatible with ATX, but I am planning on putting this into an Antec P183 case so I would like put the CPX form factor into the case. Thanks for your help.

Solution
Most new motherboards use the 8-pin connector. CPX is a format for the power supply for those curious. Its a bit larger than the ATX.

To answer you question though: the EPS12v and the EATX12v are exactly the same connector and pinout. grounds on pins 1 thru 4 and 12v on pins 5 thru 8

popatim

Titan
Most new motherboards use the 8-pin connector. CPX is a format for the power supply for those curious. Its a bit larger than the ATX.

To answer you question though: the EPS12v and the EATX12v are exactly the same connector and pinout. grounds on pins 1 thru 4 and 12v on pins 5 thru 8

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.