I have three disk showing but now only one of disk is missing why?

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
I have been using this computer for three years .. and in "my computer" I have three drives that is (C: ) drive, (D: ) drive and (E: ) drive . suddenly my Monitor videocard was broken down and I had send it to fix it few days later its got repaired well and fin. after opening the computer I found that my (E: ) drive is missing I search in disk management N found only (C: ), (D: ) And system reserved I cant find (E: ) drive. pls I Need Help from u all help me understandHow to recovered my missing drive N why is not showing up

Solution
Okay, so attach one with the SATA connector and SATA power; and connect the other with the IDE ribbon (use the end connectors if nothing else like a CD is attached and leave the middle connector free) and a Molex power connector -- the one with four big pins and a clear/white looking rectangular shape also coming from the power supply.

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

Well I have two physical drives inside the case .. and Also I only send my monitor to repair not my CPU so Yea :??: ...Well I try to check inside the case N find every possible way to fix it .. but still its not working and of course im not very good with computer :eek:

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

Well I don't know about that part .. I mean about "Partitions" and "Physical drives" and Well I wanted to show you the pics of it which I took it as screenshot unfortunately i don't know how to put it in this place :eek: anyway i check on disk management again its did say "partition" on status column .. so its Partitions C and D, And also System Reserved but there No Partition E. I learn that if its was missing then its should marked as "missing" but its not. Its more like its was erase completely off the disk management; All my pics, songs, videos N movies were inside that E partition

RealBeast

Titan
Physical drives are what they sound like -- open the box and count the hard drives, that is the number of physical drives. Physical drives can be divided up into partitions (and even share partitions between them, but we don't need to go there).

Since Drive 0, your only physical drive that shows up has two partitions, you are "missing" an entire physical drive -- figure out which one it is (look at the brands and models inside and then in the bios when it starts up) and check the cables on the missing drive.

If you open the command prompt box and type the following stuff what information do you get back:

diskpart
list disk

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

Well in my CPU, I found two physical drives. And in disk management I found only Disk 0 I cant find disk 1
if what U said was correct about Disk 0 can show up only two partitions; I open the command Prompt box and type the following and I got
Disk ### Status size Free Dyn Gpt
------------ -------- ------- ------ ----- ------
Disk 0 online 232 GB 0B - -

RealBeast

Titan
Since you now know which drive is missing (your drive showing up is a 250Gb, unless they are identical 250Gb drives) you can check the connections on the other drive -- you can change it to a different sata port without issues as long as it is not a separate controller (separately grouped connector with a different color usually) that is turned off in the bios.

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

Well its not Different color its only blue in color .. I only check up to third from first, but I haven't check the remained port because I was annoying by it well I will try it again from first to last and see if it work or not And thank for help! if I have problem again I will ask u again

RealBeast

Titan
Just shutdown when you do the changes, also you might want to use a different power connector -- there should be several spare on the cable from your power supply to the hard drive.

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

I check on each Sata port there only from 1 to 4
I remove the first N connect to second N switch on comp N saw nothing change .. its still same
then i connect to third port N again turn on the comp .. still its same
then I again connect to fourth one .. N turn on comp again its show nothing change ...now I don't know what to do
but does that mean I have to call computer service to check on my hard disk?
or is any other problem where I overlook??
and also the cable for Sata port both end side have similar Shape can connect easily so I figure even i put reversed its would show same thing so I didn't do it

so any suggestion on my problem?

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

Well I don't know what u mean ... but I wanted to show u the pic of it I took the pics before I check it
so can you tell me how to put pic into this ?

RealBeast

Titan
You need to upload it to a picture sharing site and then post the link.

Inside the case (what you are calling the CPU) do you find 2 hard disk drives?

Does each of the 2 have a cable connected to the SATA controller ports?

If you don't know, then yes you need to have a computer service person look at it to fix it.

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

well I look into case N saw a big long wire connect to two hard disk but bottom hard disk is only disk tht connect to sata port!

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
SATA3-Data-Cable-6GB-s-High-Speed-HD-SATA-Cable-Straight-to-Right-Angle-With-Metal.jpg

it is Wide Ribbon I just guess In google search to find out about it
Damn i really need to learn more abt computer now Q.Q

my Sata Cable look like this But without Metal thing on top of it

Hey DO U have any Idea What is IDE Hard Disk and Data Hard disk?

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

I think second one is Sata N First one is IDE

RealBeast

Titan
Okay, so attach one with the SATA connector and SATA power; and connect the other with the IDE ribbon (use the end connectors if nothing else like a CD is attached and leave the middle connector free) and a Molex power connector -- the one with four big pins and a clear/white looking rectangular shape also coming from the power supply.

Solution

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013

I send the pics to my Bro .. N he said its was not connect to Power cable the one tht have three wire yellow/Black/red

so I knew there sumthing was wrong ..... Lolz anyway thx for helping me out here ..

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Well its look When I try to fixed the connection ... suddenly my Motherboard blewout ... now I got new motherboard but sadly its cant connect the Ide wide ribbon :'( .. so I lost one Disk for this comp

so i thought up another solution that is to put my internal hard disk with wide ribbon into my friends computer N take out all my stuff in tht hard disk to my external hard disk .. but this another problem pop out .. its say it need to format in order to turn RAW into NTFS >.> ...

Now I dont know wat to do .. is there a way to turn it into NTFS without formatting?

yaseenr90

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
I have this New Problem which I cant seem to fixed it Without finding out the real source problem
Because I try every solution of this problem

Blackscreen

any Idea why its happen?