Display driver installion problems

mindkilla123

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
So now that i got my 5770 thanks to you guys that helped me out with that, i can't install it's display drivers. I've tried the CD then it paused at some random 'installing catalyst install manager' for about 5 hours so i shut it down and tried the official ATI catalyst driver (After uninstalling the crappy one that didn't work). The official catalyst driver is pausing at the same spot as well. Now i can't seem to figure this out. Leaving the windows driver is not an option because it's in the wrong resolution. Oh, and i have windows 7 64-bit if that may be important. This was an upgrade from an Nvidia so i had to uninstall Nvidia drivers as well due to hatred between drivers running together.
Any help? Thanks.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Uninstall all the drivers again completely then use cc cleaner to completely remove the files and registry then install the ati drivers ...and also check the card is properly installed in your system or not....download new drivers from internet and try these as well incase again the cd driver installation shows problem...