Sign in with
Your question

New Build Unstable

Last response: in Systems
September 22, 2010 8:29:43 PM

Has anyone built a unit with an Asus m4a785td-v-evo motherboard and Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2x2G DDR3 1333 10666 with no problems? I have that and an Athlon 440 CPU with no unlocked core and no overclock, Samsung Spinout F3. I had problems from the beginning with a few web page freezes here and there. A few times watching a dvd or just opening a program the computer crashed. It always comes up with a different messages from the bios either saying a hardware problem has been detected or something to the effect Windows did not load to protect your computer from damage. Please check any recent hardware, memory added. I have run prime95 and memtest a bunch of times and get no errors. It seemes that after it crashes a few times it gets worse and worse it appears the hard drive gets corrupted. I reloaded windows again but I am still getting some web page freezes. I am sure the crashing will start again. I have monitored voltages and temps of the board and cpu and do not see anything out of spec. I am lost as to how to fix this so I may try to RMA everything with Newegg just in case one of these components is bad. I thought maybe there could be a compatibility issues with the memory and motherboard or somehing that I cannot detect. If anyone has any suggestions as to what could cause these issues it would be greatly appreciated.

More about : build unstable

September 22, 2010 8:43:39 PM

The RAM is probably rated for 1.65V. Your motherboard is only going to give 1.5V as a default. Have you gone into bios and manually set the RAM voltage and timings to match what mushkin says they should be?
m
l
September 22, 2010 10:58:47 PM

I did change the timings at one point from auto of 9-9-9-24 to the manufacturer spec of 7-7-7-20. I never changed the voltage partially because I wanted to be sure that I knew the correct place to change it and because if I was in the right parameter it was auto set to 1.56v. The memory spec was 1.5 to 1.65 so I thought that was o.k. but maybe not. I will manually add the timings again and change it to 1.65v and see if that helps. Just to be sure in the bios I would make the change under memory over voltage. Is that correct?
m
l
Related resources
September 22, 2010 11:05:12 PM

Yeah, just change it to 1.65V and your fine.
m
l
September 22, 2010 11:19:18 PM

Thanks, I changed it so I'll see how that does.
m
l
September 24, 2010 12:09:10 AM

Unfortunately changing the memory timings and voltage did not work. It crashed twice. Does anyone have anymore suggestions? The only thing I could think of to do was to try and RMA everything on the off chance one of these components is defective.
m
l
!