Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Free2Go to Pay As You Go

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 8:45:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I have 3 phones on Free2Go. I received a text message from Cingular telling
me about the change to Pay As You Go. I went to the website they included in
the message but it wasn't that clear about what was going to happen. So I
stopped by my local Cingular store. I was told that when I switch (add on a
Pay As You Go card instead of a Free2Go card) I will lose all of my Free2Go
minutes I have built up!! Was anyone else told this?? I don't understand
why I should lose my minutes when they are just changing the type of card I
have to load.

Then I asked about a new phone because mine is giving me problems. I was
told that they don't have any that would work with Free2Go. I assume this
has to do with Free2Go being TDMA and Cingular Pay As You Go being GSM
capable and they are trying to get rid of TDMA??? And I wouldn't mind
changing to GSM to see if I'd get a better signal. But, if I would get a
new phone right now from Cingular, I would have to use Pay As You Go cards,
I was told I would lose my minutes I had built up on my Free2Go account! I
don't understand that either. I switched to a different phone under Free2Go
and my minutes weren't lost.

I searched Cingular's website and couldn't find anything else. Has anyone
switched from Free2Go to the new Cingular cards or purchased a new phone?
What happened to your built up minutes??

More about : free2go pay

April 17, 2005 11:28:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:45:34 -0400, "DG" <beri19@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have 3 phones on Free2Go. I received a text message from Cingular telling
>me about the change to Pay As You Go. I went to the website they included in
>the message but it wasn't that clear about what was going to happen. So I
>stopped by my local Cingular store. I was told that when I switch (add on a
>Pay As You Go card instead of a Free2Go card) I will lose all of my Free2Go
>minutes I have built up!! Was anyone else told this?? I don't understand
>why I should lose my minutes when they are just changing the type of card I
>have to load.

Welcome to cingular. You have been assimilated. Resistance is
futile. In case you weren't aware cingular's aim is to screw former
AT&T Wireless customers as thoroughly as possible (and won't even
provide any Vaseline!)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:40:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Did you read the information on this page?
http://www.cingular.com/payasyougochanges


"DG" <beri19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1uWdnVEJdu3EV__fUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> I have 3 phones on Free2Go. I received a text message from Cingular
telling
> me about the change to Pay As You Go. I went to the website they included
in
> the message but it wasn't that clear about what was going to happen. So I
> stopped by my local Cingular store. I was told that when I switch (add on
a
> Pay As You Go card instead of a Free2Go card) I will lose all of my
Free2Go
> minutes I have built up!! Was anyone else told this?? I don't understand
> why I should lose my minutes when they are just changing the type of card
I
> have to load.
>
> Then I asked about a new phone because mine is giving me problems. I was
> told that they don't have any that would work with Free2Go. I assume this
> has to do with Free2Go being TDMA and Cingular Pay As You Go being GSM
> capable and they are trying to get rid of TDMA??? And I wouldn't mind
> changing to GSM to see if I'd get a better signal. But, if I would get a
> new phone right now from Cingular, I would have to use Pay As You Go
cards,
> I was told I would lose my minutes I had built up on my Free2Go account! I
> don't understand that either. I switched to a different phone under
Free2Go
> and my minutes weren't lost.
>
> I searched Cingular's website and couldn't find anything else. Has anyone
> switched from Free2Go to the new Cingular cards or purchased a new phone?
> What happened to your built up minutes??
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:40:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Yes, I did read the info on that page. As I said, I felt it didn't explain
that much so I went to a Cingular store and was told that when I switch I'll
lose my minutes.

I was hoping someone may have switched to the new cards already and could
let me know if they did lose their built up Free2Go minutes.

I still have some AT&T cards that I'll be using the next time I have to add
time (I was told as long as I have them and they haven't expired, I can use
them). So if I know I will definitely lose all of my minutes when it's time
to switch, I'll start using my cell when I normally use my land line just to
eat up the minutes. But I don't want to waste them if they do carryover to
the new plan.


"WDS" <WDS@reply.via.newsgroup.only> wrote in message
news:V8M8e.87875$cg1.71456@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Did you read the information on this page?
> http://www.cingular.com/payasyougochanges
>
>
><beri19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I have 3 phones on Free2Go. I received a text message from Cingular
> telling
> > me about the change to Pay As You Go. I went to the website they
included
> in
> > the message but it wasn't that clear about what was going to happen. So
I
> > stopped by my local Cingular store. I was told that when I switch (add
on
> a
> > Pay As You Go card instead of a Free2Go card) I will lose all of my
> Free2Go
> > minutes I have built up!! Was anyone else told this?? I don't
understand
> > why I should lose my minutes when they are just changing the type of
card
> I
> > have to load.
> >
> > Then I asked about a new phone because mine is giving me problems. I was
> > told that they don't have any that would work with Free2Go. I assume
this
> > has to do with Free2Go being TDMA and Cingular Pay As You Go being GSM
> > capable and they are trying to get rid of TDMA??? And I wouldn't mind
> > changing to GSM to see if I'd get a better signal. But, if I would get
a
> > new phone right now from Cingular, I would have to use Pay As You Go
> cards,
> > I was told I would lose my minutes I had built up on my Free2Go account!
I
> > don't understand that either. I switched to a different phone under
> Free2Go
> > and my minutes weren't lost.
> >
> > I searched Cingular's website and couldn't find anything else. Has
anyone
> > switched from Free2Go to the new Cingular cards or purchased a new
phone?
> > What happened to your built up minutes??
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 6:46:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I have usually added time online or by phone, charging to a credit card. My
next expiration is 4/29/05 and I presently have over $200 banked. Cingular
recently transferred my Free-2-Go account over to their site from AT&T and
everything remained the same. I don't know how it's going to work refilling
time with the cards but I was told everything would remain the same charging
the minutes via credit card.

As far as replacing the phone, I think your only option will be to go to a
plan with a new phone (GSM). At this point, I plan to buy only the minimal
amount of time and keep a low balance banked until eventually going with a
new phone and plan, which I really have no need for. If my phone were to
break now ...$200 down the drain.

I also believe that if Cingular takes your banked time after using their new
cards, you should look for another carrier.

"DG" <beri19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:AIGcnZbkJqxhLv7fUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> Yes, I did read the info on that page. As I said, I felt it didn't explain
> that much so I went to a Cingular store and was told that when I switch
I'll
> lose my minutes.
>
> I was hoping someone may have switched to the new cards already and could
> let me know if they did lose their built up Free2Go minutes.
>
> I still have some AT&T cards that I'll be using the next time I have to
add
> time (I was told as long as I have them and they haven't expired, I can
use
> them). So if I know I will definitely lose all of my minutes when it's
time
> to switch, I'll start using my cell when I normally use my land line just
to
> eat up the minutes. But I don't want to waste them if they do carryover to
> the new plan.
>
>
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 6:46:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Yes, I noticed that my account is accessible through Cingular's site to
check my expiration date, etc., and it is the same as before. I'd just like
to find out if the info the salesperson gave me is correct about losing the
AT&T minutes. It wouldn't be the first time I received bad info from a
salesperson concerning prepaid, so I thought I'd see if anyone has actually
added a Cingular card yet. Since you are due to refill your minutes next
week, I would really appreciate it if would you post to this newsgroup via
this thread if you retain your $200 after your refill. Thanks!!



"WDS" <WDS@reply.via.newsgroup.only> wrote in message
news:0LP8e.601331$w62.139463@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> I have usually added time online or by phone, charging to a credit card.
My
> next expiration is 4/29/05 and I presently have over $200 banked. Cingular
> recently transferred my Free-2-Go account over to their site from AT&T and
> everything remained the same. I don't know how it's going to work
refilling
> time with the cards but I was told everything would remain the same
charging
> the minutes via credit card.
>
> As far as replacing the phone, I think your only option will be to go to a
> plan with a new phone (GSM). At this point, I plan to buy only the minimal
> amount of time and keep a low balance banked until eventually going with a
> new phone and plan, which I really have no need for. If my phone were to
> break now ...$200 down the drain.
>
> I also believe that if Cingular takes your banked time after using their
new
> cards, you should look for another carrier.
>
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 7:57:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Yes, I'll definitely post but I will be adding time via their web site, not
a card.

"DG" <beri19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:xKycnT-Bmt4EU_7fUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> Yes, I noticed that my account is accessible through Cingular's site to
> check my expiration date, etc., and it is the same as before. I'd just
like
> to find out if the info the salesperson gave me is correct about losing
the
> AT&T minutes. It wouldn't be the first time I received bad info from a
> salesperson concerning prepaid, so I thought I'd see if anyone has
actually
> added a Cingular card yet. Since you are due to refill your minutes next
> week, I would really appreciate it if would you post to this newsgroup via
> this thread if you retain your $200 after your refill. Thanks!!
>
>
>
> "WDS" <WDS@reply.via.newsgroup.only> wrote in message
> news:0LP8e.601331$w62.139463@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > I have usually added time online or by phone, charging to a credit card.
> My
> > next expiration is 4/29/05 and I presently have over $200 banked.
Cingular
> > recently transferred my Free-2-Go account over to their site from AT&T
and
> > everything remained the same. I don't know how it's going to work
> refilling
> > time with the cards but I was told everything would remain the same
> charging
> > the minutes via credit card.
> >
> > As far as replacing the phone, I think your only option will be to go to
a
> > plan with a new phone (GSM). At this point, I plan to buy only the
minimal
> > amount of time and keep a low balance banked until eventually going with
a
> > new phone and plan, which I really have no need for. If my phone were to
> > break now ...$200 down the drain.
> >
> > I also believe that if Cingular takes your banked time after using their
> new
> > cards, you should look for another carrier.
> >
>
>
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 5:19:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

From the cingular web site: "Review your original brochure and user guide
for Free2Go or KIC prepaid rates and service agreement details. The
denominations with the applicable expiration periods listed above are the
only ones available with GoPhone Pay As You Go. Your service, including the
terms and conditions provided to you when you activated, remains the same in
all other respects."

All that is different is the $25 card is the 90 day one now, old $20 cards
are still 90 day till they expire.

"Any KIC or GoPhone Pay As You Go card will work on your service. If you
have an unused Free2Go or KIC card continue to use it until the card
expires; then purchase a new Pay As You Go card. Check your card for
applicable expiration. "
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 6:17:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I would always refill my phone from my phone via dialing 611. You just
enter your credit card and tell it how much you want to purchase. $100
expires in 365 days and gets you a good 12 cent a minute rate. I am
switching to the Cingular pay as you go phone for $29.99 as my wife has
a Cingular phone subscription and I can call her for free with the
unlimited mobile to mobile that comes with the 10 cent a minute plan
(with a $1 access charge per day).

Dave
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 1:46:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

According to the info on the message when you dial in to 611 and at
Cingular's website, the Cingular $100 cards now have a 180 day expiration.

<hull534@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1114550244.876681.256990@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> I would always refill my phone from my phone via dialing 611. You just
> enter your credit card and tell it how much you want to purchase. $100
> expires in 365 days and gets you a good 12 cent a minute rate. I am
> switching to the Cingular pay as you go phone for $29.99 as my wife has
> a Cingular phone subscription and I can call her for free with the
> unlimited mobile to mobile that comes with the 10 cent a minute plan
> (with a $1 access charge per day).
>
> Dave
>
April 28, 2005 3:11:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <1114550244.876681.256990@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, hull534
@gmail.com says...
> I would always refill my phone from my phone via dialing 611. You just
> enter your credit card and tell it how much you want to purchase. $100
> expires in 365 days and gets you a good 12 cent a minute rate. I am
> switching to the Cingular pay as you go phone for $29.99 as my wife has
> a Cingular phone subscription and I can call her for free with the
> unlimited mobile to mobile that comes with the 10 cent a minute plan
> (with a $1 access charge per day).
>
> Dave
>
>
>
wouldn't it be cheaper in your case to go with the 39.95 plan, the 450 or
whatever it is called?
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 1:10:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

You're correct:
http://www.cingular.com/payasyougochanges

"DG" <beri19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:VbSdnX3wXIMDou3fUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> According to the info on the message when you dial in to 611 and at
> Cingular's website, the Cingular $100 cards now have a 180 day expiration.
>
> <hull534@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1114550244.876681.256990@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> > I would always refill my phone from my phone via dialing 611. You just
> > enter your credit card and tell it how much you want to purchase. $100
> > expires in 365 days and gets you a good 12 cent a minute rate. I am
> > switching to the Cingular pay as you go phone for $29.99 as my wife has
> > a Cingular phone subscription and I can call her for free with the
> > unlimited mobile to mobile that comes with the 10 cent a minute plan
> > (with a $1 access charge per day).
> >
> > Dave
> >
>
>
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 8:45:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"WDS" <WDS@reply.via.newsgroup.only> wrote in message
news:CM1ce.660969$w62.261019@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> You're correct:
> http://www.cingular.com/payasyougochanges

And it appears from the web site that the only pay as you go offering now is
the (old) AT&T Go Phone plans. The even still call it "GoPhone"
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 4:42:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I added more time today via the Cingular web site charged to Amex.
Everything went smooth. Remaining time was carried over to new date and
confirmation page, with purchase number and all details of purchase was
printed.

"DG" <beri19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:xKycnT-Bmt4EU_7fUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> Yes, I noticed that my account is accessible through Cingular's site to
> check my expiration date, etc., and it is the same as before. I'd just
like
> to find out if the info the salesperson gave me is correct about losing
the
> AT&T minutes. It wouldn't be the first time I received bad info from a
> salesperson concerning prepaid, so I thought I'd see if anyone has
actually
> added a Cingular card yet. Since you are due to refill your minutes next
> week, I would really appreciate it if would you post to this newsgroup via
> this thread if you retain your $200 after your refill. Thanks!!
>
>
>
> "WDS" <WDS@reply.via.newsgroup.only> wrote in message
> news:0LP8e.601331$w62.139463@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > I have usually added time online or by phone, charging to a credit card.
> My
> > next expiration is 4/29/05 and I presently have over $200 banked.
Cingular
> > recently transferred my Free-2-Go account over to their site from AT&T
and
> > everything remained the same. I don't know how it's going to work
> refilling
> > time with the cards but I was told everything would remain the same
> charging
> > the minutes via credit card.
> >
> > As far as replacing the phone, I think your only option will be to go to
a
> > plan with a new phone (GSM). At this point, I plan to buy only the
minimal
> > amount of time and keep a low balance banked until eventually going with
a
> > new phone and plan, which I really have no need for. If my phone were to
> > break now ...$200 down the drain.
> >
> > I also believe that if Cingular takes your banked time after using their
> new
> > cards, you should look for another carrier.
> >
>
>
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 9:25:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I'm glad to hear that, and thanks for letting me know. Once again the
salesperson in the store gave me bad info on prepaid. One question, when you
added this time with Cingular, do they give you an option to select between
the 25¢ per minute plan and the 10¢/min. w/$1.00 daily access fee plan??

"WDS" <WDS@reply.via.newsgroup.only> wrote in message
news:D Ypce.668058$w62.639775@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> I added more time today via the Cingular web site charged to Amex.
> Everything went smooth. Remaining time was carried over to new date and
> confirmation page, with purchase number and all details of purchase was
> printed.
>
> "DG" <beri19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:xKycnT-Bmt4EU_7fUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> > Yes, I noticed that my account is accessible through Cingular's site to
> > check my expiration date, etc., and it is the same as before. I'd just
> like
> > to find out if the info the salesperson gave me is correct about losing
> the
> > AT&T minutes. It wouldn't be the first time I received bad info from a
> > salesperson concerning prepaid, so I thought I'd see if anyone has
> actually
> > added a Cingular card yet. Since you are due to refill your minutes
next
> > week, I would really appreciate it if would you post to this newsgroup
via
> > this thread if you retain your $200 after your refill. Thanks!!
> >
>
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 3:15:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

No, I never saw anything about the p/m plans, only their instructions to
refer to the original "contract" with ATTWS. They only offer the "bullet"
selections for $15, $25, $50, $75. $100.

"DG" <beri19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:6IKdnW20VYTzOO_fUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> I'm glad to hear that, and thanks for letting me know. Once again the
> salesperson in the store gave me bad info on prepaid. One question, when
you
> added this time with Cingular, do they give you an option to select
between
> the 25¢ per minute plan and the 10¢/min. w/$1.00 daily access fee plan??
>
> "WDS" <WDS@reply.via.newsgroup.only> wrote in message
> news:D Ypce.668058$w62.639775@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > I added more time today via the Cingular web site charged to Amex.
> > Everything went smooth. Remaining time was carried over to new date and
> > confirmation page, with purchase number and all details of purchase was
> > printed.
> >
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 3:14:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Just to add to this, I received an email from Cingular, today, confirming
the purchase of the additional time. I never received this from ATTWS.

"WDS" <WDS@reply.via.newsgroup.only> wrote in message
news:D Ypce.668058$w62.639775@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> I added more time today via the Cingular web site charged to Amex.
> Everything went smooth. Remaining time was carried over to new date and
> confirmation page, with purchase number and all details of purchase was
> printed.
>
> "DG" <beri19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:xKycnT-Bmt4EU_7fUSdV9g@ptd.net...
> > Yes, I noticed that my account is accessible through Cingular's site to
> > check my expiration date, etc., and it is the same as before. I'd just
> like
> > to find out if the info the salesperson gave me is correct about losing
> the
> > AT&T minutes. It wouldn't be the first time I received bad info from a
> > salesperson concerning prepaid, so I thought I'd see if anyone has
> actually
> > added a Cingular card yet. Since you are due to refill your minutes
next
> > week, I would really appreciate it if would you post to this newsgroup
via
> > this thread if you retain your $200 after your refill. Thanks!!
> >
> >
> >
> > "WDS" <WDS@reply.via.newsgroup.only> wrote in message
> > news:0LP8e.601331$w62.139463@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > > I have usually added time online or by phone, charging to a credit
card.
> > My
> > > next expiration is 4/29/05 and I presently have over $200 banked.
> Cingular
> > > recently transferred my Free-2-Go account over to their site from AT&T
> and
> > > everything remained the same. I don't know how it's going to work
> > refilling
> > > time with the cards but I was told everything would remain the same
> > charging
> > > the minutes via credit card.
> > >
> > > As far as replacing the phone, I think your only option will be to go
to
> a
> > > plan with a new phone (GSM). At this point, I plan to buy only the
> minimal
> > > amount of time and keep a low balance banked until eventually going
with
> a
> > > new phone and plan, which I really have no need for. If my phone were
to
> > > break now ...$200 down the drain.
> > >
> > > I also believe that if Cingular takes your banked time after using
their
> > new
> > > cards, you should look for another carrier.
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
!