Adding background with PSP7: help to newbie

I have come up with this problem already several times: I want to add
backgroung to a picture to make it bigger (e.g. convert a portrait
picture into landscape without cropping - just add one colour
background). I am sure that there is an easy way to do it, just cannot
find it on the program's help...

Tks.

Just
2 answers Last reply
More about adding background psp7 newbie

    luper wrote: I want to add background to a picture to make it bigger (e.g.
    convert a portrait picture into landscape without cropping - just add one
    colour background).

    1. Make a NEW background to the desired size of the landscape . The dialogue
    box will pop up and you fill in the pixel measures such as 800 * 640( in the
    first boxes width and height)

    2. Use the FILL tool with the background colour or gradient that you want
    and FILL that new background layer.

    3. In the Menu find the Rotate image command and swing the original image
    that is also open on your screen 90' or whatever is needed.

    4 While on that original image do Control-C (copy) then click on your new
    coloured background and use Control-L (paste as a new layer)

    5. Find the mover tool in the menu bar and shift your picture around to suit
    you.

    6 Layers merge all

    7. Apply 'sharpen' from the menu-

    Now you can add a border if desired

    Rose

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:28:01 +0000, luper <luper77nospam@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I have come up with this problem already several times: I want to add
    >backgroung to a picture to make it bigger (e.g. convert a portrait
    >picture into landscape without cropping - just add one colour
    >background). I am sure that there is an easy way to do it, just cannot
    >find it on the program's help...
    >
    >Tks.
    >
    >Just

    Resize thecanvas to start.