Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?
luper wrote: I want to add background to a picture to make it bigger (e.g.
convert a portrait picture into landscape without cropping - just add one
1. Make a NEW background to the desired size of the landscape . The dialogue
box will pop up and you fill in the pixel measures such as 800 * 640( in the
first boxes width and height)
2. Use the FILL tool with the background colour or gradient that you want
and FILL that new background layer.
3. In the Menu find the Rotate image command and swing the original image
that is also open on your screen 90' or whatever is needed.
4 While on that original image do Control-C (copy) then click on your new
coloured background and use Control-L (paste as a new layer)
5. Find the mover tool in the menu bar and shift your picture around to suit
6 Layers merge all
7. Apply 'sharpen' from the menu-
Now you can add a border if desired