Biostar N68s3 mb problem with 2x4gb sticks of corsair ram

shaund903

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
Hello,
I ordered two sticks of corsair valueselect ram 2 x 4gb to install into a biostar n68s3 motherboard. The mb will load with each stick individually, but with the two together I get no input to the monitor. The specs say that the mb can handle 8 gb of ram so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Is there something in the bios that I need to adjust to get this to work?

shaund903

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011

I forgot to mention that I am using an AMD Sempron 130 2.6ghz single core processor. I have also noticed that it does not appear to matter what size ram is in the second slot, but the problem shows up if any ram is in the second slot. I have another 2 gb kingston ram i used to test this.

I would check to see what the front side bus speed is of the Cpu, it may be the case that the memory cannot lower its self enough to be in sync.
Have a check on the memory sticks for the voltage they need to run right, then have a look in your Bios to see if it is running at the right voltage, it may need a volt increase by yourself in one of the settings of the Bios if the memory is under volted.
Make sure in the Bios, that the memory is set to dual channel also.

Are you using the correct slots for 2 dimms? Have you read the manual?

Sometimes your supposed to put ram in slot 1 and slot 3, not slot 1 and slot 2.

Also check bios make sure your memory is set to the proper voltage, timings and speed according to the sticker on the dimm itself.

shaund903

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011

Thanks for the replies. There are only two slots for ram on this motherboard. I did see where the mb was providing 1.596V for memory and the required voltage was 1.5 V. So this looks ok. I do see where timings look different so I may try to play with that. If these do not work, I am out of ideas.

You don't want to run it at 1.6v if it's 1.5v ram.

Like I said, manually set your voltage, timings and speed in bios according to the dimm sticker.

fwilson67

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012

Did you ever figure this out. I am having the exact same issue with corsair memory in a biostar motherboard.