Window 9000 free activision key xD

Ceee9

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
First of all, this is nothing to do with activison key.

The real thing is my current rig use a window 7 on a hdd,

And i have and old hdd with 2 partition made C and D,
As always C is bound with window and application
And D is filled with legendary games and family picture.

So right now, how do i use this hdd on my current rig?
I know the current window 7 is bound to the mobo, but adding a new hdd with window xp on it?

Or is it just a simple thing like going to the bios and set the boot up sequence or whatever that was named, and then format c on the old hdd? And i can have and extra hdd on my everyday use?

Solution
Windows XP will only work on the computer it was installed on, so moving the drive to different PC is not an option as far as running Windows XP is concerned, unless you have the means to install Windows XP on it again as a fresh installation.

You can certainly use the drive for extra storage though. There is no need to go into the BIOS or change the boot sequence. Just add the drive to your current Windows 7 rig, power up your rig and start Windows 7.

Then go to Control Panel > Computer Management > Disk Management

Right-click the ribbon which represents the XP drive and choose from the available options as appropriate.

For example, you can delete all the partitions on it one by one, then create one large, single partition...
Windows XP will only work on the computer it was installed on, so moving the drive to different PC is not an option as far as running Windows XP is concerned, unless you have the means to install Windows XP on it again as a fresh installation.

You can certainly use the drive for extra storage though. There is no need to go into the BIOS or change the boot sequence. Just add the drive to your current Windows 7 rig, power up your rig and start Windows 7.

Then go to Control Panel > Computer Management > Disk Management

Right-click the ribbon which represents the XP drive and choose from the available options as appropriate.

For example, you can delete all the partitions on it one by one, then create one large, single partition (Create new simple volume), then format that volume. Job done.

Solution

Yes, you can do that if you don't want to delete a partition which contains files that you don't want to lose.