UT2004 nForce audio linux

Hello,
I've been running UT2004 under windows so far, I would like to attempt a
linux install, I was wondering whether it is possible to have
directionnal audio ouput on linux with UT2004 since I have a
four-speaker setup ?

My soundcard is the onboard audio from the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe.
Currently I use the snd-intel8x0 ALSA driver (kernel 2.6.4)

Also, is voice-chat fully functionnal under linux ? (some people here
already know how much I love voice chat :)

--
luc wastiaux

Meltdown

luc wastiaux enlightened us with:
> I've been running UT2004 under windows so far, I would like to attempt
> a linux install

Wise choise :)

> I was wondering whether it is possible to have directionnal audio
> ouput on linux with UT2004 since I have a four-speaker setup ?

Should work, haven't done tests yet. There are some docs that explain
how to set things up.

> Also, is voice-chat fully functionnal under linux ?

Of course!

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.