Sign in with
Your question

Vga outlets

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
August 12, 2010 9:44:56 PM

Hi everyone! In my PC i have 2 vga and 1 dvi outlets...1 vga and 1 dvi at the bottom pc blok works but another vga which is a bit higher than the middle doesn`t...
Any idea?????????

More about : vga outlets

August 12, 2010 10:12:17 PM

the one that doesn't work might be part of an integrated graphics processor and the other two are probably from your gpu

if the above is true, then it is most likely the IGP was disabled when there is a dedicated GPU connected to the mobo
Anonymous
August 12, 2010 10:16:55 PM

So why do i have <the one that doesn't work might be part of an integrated graphics processor>if it`s no work....what is that for???/ Thanks in advance
Related resources
Anonymous
August 12, 2010 10:17:55 PM

jefe323 said:
the one that doesn't work might be part of an integrated graphics processor and the other two are probably from your gpu

if the above is true, then it is most likely the IGP was disabled when there is a dedicated GPU connected to the mobo

@jefe323 So why do i have <the one that doesn't work might be part of an integrated graphics processor>if it`s no work....what is that for???/ Thanks in advance
August 12, 2010 10:27:36 PM

some mobos/cpus support IGPs, so you don't have to buy a dedicated GPU.

a lot of the time they get disabled when you attach a dedicated GPU, because there is no need for them (IGPs are often weak)

edit: you also don't need to double post
August 13, 2010 7:56:34 AM

you also need to try typing coherently.

the other VGA is an on board video processor. if you have a dedicated GPU installed, the on board will be disabled. they cannot run in tandem, and since the dedicated GPU will be vastly more powerful the on board will disable itself.

its there so that if you Don't have a dedicated video card (or yours stops working) you can still use the system, albeit with considerable performance loss.
!