calvinmc5

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
o Processor: AMD Athlon II X2
o Memory (RAM): 3 GB
o Storage Capacity (hard drive): 500 GB
o Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium
o Shared graphics: Nvidia GF9200 1024 MB

Would this be able to play world of warcraft and would i be able to enter dalaran with good fps?

Only on low settings due to the nature of your gpu. The cpu is good and wow only sucks 300-600 MB ram. Your gpu uses memory from the system ram and isn't going to perform as well as a standard add in gpu. If you are into multy logging or multyboxing then your system is in need of a much better gpu. I run up to 4 instances of wow at once and it does take a good card. If it had less than 1gb then it is going to have lag. Beyond that dulran has always lagged due to the textures and the server in both retail and private servers. 9800gt 1gb is a good base line for any wow player.

calvinmc5

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

So no i wont be able to play wow with a good fps?

It all depends on your settings but you will still lag even with 3x GTX 480 (512sp) in Dulran due to the server. If you chose your settings right you will have no issue in most places till there is a major pvp event or in dulran.

calvinmc5

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

so say if i had low-med settings i will have a decent 20-30 fps??

and by the server do u mean connection?

You must be new to wow as well. There is always server and client side lag. The client side lage will be the result of the user's machine while server lag effects every one on that realm and in the cell. Cell being a city, instance, ect. So you need to try and build a balanced system. The gpu is weak even for the rest of the system. It will run but not at high ress like 1600x1490 ect. More like 1280x1024 at med settings. fps will range 15-60 depending ware you are and how many people and NPCs are in the area.

calvinmc5

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

ok i have a 15 inch monitor would resolution would i be looking at?

I beg to differ, in single instance gaming yes but I am not like most users. Try to quad log wow on a 512mb card and see then. I run 4 accounts of wow at one time daily. All in windowed mode and I am a clicker.

TRENDING THREADS