Sign in with
Your question

Computer not recognizing internet connection

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 24, 2010 7:38:41 PM

i am running windows xp home i recently had to wipe hard drive and re-install windows. i cant connect to internet but my connection is good because i am on my laptop now. in control panel /network conn.'s i have no LAN icon. in device mngr.under other devices they r marked with yellow ? and !. it says no drivers for these are installed. re-install doesn't find anything. HELP
July 25, 2010 9:03:54 AM

download the NIC drivers from the manufacture website
July 25, 2010 8:02:44 PM

Emerald said:
download the NIC drivers from the manufacture website

Thank you Emerald for ur reply. I have a Hp mini w/Windows 7 starter i have to download the drivers which were Dell on a thumb drive and then to my pc with W XP it seems to transfer ok but i'm not sure where to save them so i can hit re-install in device mngr.and the driver will b found!!! uuuugggg i have put drivers in cache, in windows, on the desktop every place i know and nothing!! the wizard just says they can't b found. going crazy!!
Related resources
July 25, 2010 8:45:53 PM

You are downloading an .exe file; therefore, after you transferred the file to your mini's desktop execute the file by double clicking on it and it should install the drivers.

The Wizard will not be able to load the drivers while they are included in the .exe file.
July 25, 2010 9:43:26 PM

Emerald said:
You are downloading an .exe file; therefore, after you transferred the file to your mini's desktop execute the file by double clicking on it and it should install the drivers.

The Wizard will not be able to load the drivers while they are included in the .exe file.

TY i'll try it
!