ASrock extreme 4 gen 3 issue

rinsed

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Hi, hoping someone can help
I've just installed a new asrock extreme 4 gen3 mobo, i5 2500k, kingston 1333 8gb ram. I have win 7 64, radeon 5970, and soundcard.
Out of the box the lan is not working, there is no light on the ethernet jack at the back. I know the internet is working as it worked on old cpu and i am on wifi now.
I've seen a few similar issues with ASrock boards and so following the advice there i have tried unplugging power cable for 30 secs, installing lan drivers, bios is up to date i think (v1.0), tried ping 127.0.0.1 all ok, tried new cable.
I dont want to rma the board unless i have to, is there anything else i can try or is it dead?
Thanks in advance

sinnatra

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
Did you try connecting to a different port on your router/hub/switch? If you have multiple computers hooked up in the same area, try using a known good connection from one of the other computers. Also check your adapter and TCP/IP settings. If you can ping 127.0.0.1 that means that the tcp/ip driver is loading on a network adapter. It may not be the one you want though, if you have multiple LAN & WiFi.

flong

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010

I have the AsRock Extreme 4 Gen 3 board.

Make sure that you install the drivers for the motherboard that came with it. I installed mine and forgot to install the drivers and it had me scratching my head.

If you don't install the drivers you won't be able to connect to the internet. I called my ISP and had a "duh" moment when I realized I had not installed the drivers. I can't remember if the Ethernet cable light came on or not before the drivers were installed.

I hope that this helps you. The extreme 4 gen 3 is a great board.

Also and check that your internet connection is working with your computer. You will need to turn off your modem and let it reset.

TRENDING THREADS