Sign in with
Your question

Hp slimline and ati radeon hd 4650

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b α HP
August 13, 2010 2:04:21 AM

Hello i have an hp slimline. I recently got an xfx radeon hd 4650 graphic card and my motherboard seems to not even notice its there. Here is my system specs...

Amd athlon 64 x2 dual core 2.10 ghz
2 gig ram
Windows vista 32 bit
500 watt power supply

Iv done all i know. I went into the bios and changed the main graphic adaptor to pci-e. Even when i start the driver cd it says that it does not notice a xfx product hardware installed. Any suggestion would be gladly appreciated.
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2010 2:13:46 AM

So is the monitor is plugged into the HD4650?
Does it get to the BIOS?

Try uninstalling the onboard's driver, plug the 4650 in, set the BIOS, then try installing 10.7 from ATIs website.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b α HP
August 13, 2010 2:33:18 AM

The monitor has been plugged in and no picture will appear from the card. I also have uninstalled the onboard drivers but not disabled the onboard graphics for the fear of losing picture all together.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2010 2:38:11 AM

Quote:
The monitor has been plugged in and no picture will appear from the card. I also have uninstalled the onboard drivers but not disabled the onboard graphics for the fear of losing picture all together.

So with the HD4650 you cant see anything at all, not even the POST screen?
Try disabling the onboard graphics (you could always reset the BIOS), and see if it displays at least the BIOS.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b α HP
August 13, 2010 3:04:21 AM

There is still no video. Im thinking it might have to do with not haveing a pci-e 2.0. Now it doesn't say that i need it but i can't think of anyother way. There ia no picture comeing out of it. Not sure if it matters but the fan on the card does run.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2010 3:09:16 AM

Do you have another computer to test the card on?
m
l
August 29, 2010 2:39:57 AM

Is it an AGP? If so, go get the hot fixes for it from ATI. I believe that they're up to 10.8 now.
m
l
May 29, 2012 2:43:03 AM

Hi guys i have bought 4650 for my Hp Dual core 2GB DDR2 Ram 250 GB hard drive Sata light scribe Supper drive with Hp 300 watt sata Power supply unit,,

can i put it in my pc nd its will work with out any problem plz reply
m
l
!