Motherboard's display crashed when overclocking

tausif_buet

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
i was using intel core i5-750 with asus motherboard p7h55d-m pro without original power supply (but there was power supply with the casing 400w which is about 30% efficient) suddenly when i clicked on the turbo v and turbo keys (over clocking options) in desktop icon,,my motherboard just hanged and crashed its display...i have an graphics card that is nx8600gt 512mb..so what's the solution for this...so if i use power supply with a new p7h55d-m pro motherboard,,will the problem could be come over??

my motherboard is crashed and the company is ready to give new one,& i am going to use original psu also but do u think my processor got harmed previously without power supply while overclocking??or the processor is just fine?though the processor is working normally now..

Nils

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Never heard of it. You should get a quality psu with 80+ efficiency.
Might be the psu causing the problem. Get one from Corsair or Coolermaster. A bad psu might ruin your entire system (which is a nice one).

I would not try anything until you have a better psu. If the shop is willing to give you a brand new mobo, accept it, but I would not connect it to your current psu as you risk of dammaging it again.