Sign in with
Your question
Solved

SSD 128gb (Raid with 2 TB WD green)

Last response: in Storage
January 2, 2013 10:07:22 AM

Hi,

Which is good and good loading on games and OS? I'll be getting a crucial m4 128gb because samsung 830 is not available in my country because it was rumored the stocks was horded by a big PC parts company here in Philippines, damn :(  .

So I have a crucial m4 12gb SSD with 2tb HDD WD green. Should I use raid? so that my 2tb WD green HDD will adapt my speed of my SSD and I will install my games on my WD 2tb green? or should I just use my SSD for installing OS and games and use AHCI? so which has better and fast performance between the two procedure?

ohh btw, my mobo is gigabyte z77 - UD3h

More about : ssd 128gb raid green

a c 523 G Storage
January 2, 2013 10:31:53 AM

No, you should never create a RAID array with a SSD and a HDD. The array should be all HDDs or all SSDs. The RAID array's Read/Write performance will be based upon the drive in the array with the slowest Read/Write speeds (which is your HDD).

Just use the SSD as your O/S drive and your HDD as a storage/backup drive.
m
l
January 2, 2013 1:01:33 PM

Dereck47 said:
No, you should never create a RAID array with a SSD and a HDD. The array should be all HDDs or all SSDs. The RAID array's Read/Write performance will be based upon the drive in the array with the slowest Read/Write speeds (which is your HDD).

Just use the SSD as your O/S drive and your HDD as a storage/backup drive.

ok, so I will also use my SSD for installing games right? so that it will load faster? WD 2tb green are slow for games right? and also I'll use AHCI mode so that it will enhance my performance on my SSD?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 523 G Storage
January 2, 2013 5:39:40 PM

Correct. Use the SSD to install your software and use the HDD to store your video, music files, etc.

Yes, the SSD should be connected to port SATA3_0 or SATA3_1 in AHCI mode for best performance.
January 3, 2013 3:50:46 PM

Dereck47 said:
Correct. Use the SSD to install your software and use the HDD to store your video, music files, etc.

Yes, the SSD should be connected to port SATA3_0 or SATA3_1 in AHCI mode for best performance.

Ok, great, Thanks.
m
l
January 3, 2013 3:51:20 PM

Best answer selected by hedgehogpie.
m
l
January 3, 2013 4:46:03 PM

Dereck47 said:

Thanks
m
l
!