Will a Radeon 5770 fit in a mircoATX?

PoignantJ

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Hi. I am thinking of getting this combo to upgrade a pre-built system on sale and I was planning on getting this combo to upgrade the GPU and PSU:

GPU and PSU:
GIGABYTE GV-R577SO-1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video CardOC at 900MHz-------OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP 500W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7

The problem is the systems are mircoATX or minitowers and I'm worried the card won't fit.

They are:

HP Pavilion p6510f Desktop: Athlon II 630 Quad-Core (2.8GHz) CPU, 4GB DDR3, 750GB HD, WiFi N, DVDRW w/ Lightscribe, Win 7 Home Premium 64bit $416

Dimensions: 16.85"(L) x 6.97"(W) x 15.32"(H/D)

and the Dell Inspiron 570 (Don't have a link since the deal keeps going in and out of stock)

Dell Inspiron 570:
Height: 37.53cm (14.8" )
Width: 17.59cm (6.93" )
Depth: 44.22cm (17.44" )

Will the card fit?

Thanks for your time and assistance! :)

Solution

The most important thing is the length, in most cases it is the only thing that matters.

The height of most GPUS are identical, with the sole exceptions of smaller cases that only supports half-height cards. Meanwhile, the width of the card matters only when you have expansion cards (Wifi, Audio, etc.) in the slot next to the GPU, as some GPUS (like the HD5770) takes up 2 slots.

In your case you will be fine, the Mobo has a decent layout and your case should have enough space, just get a new PSU as...

itouchedyou

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
the vapor-x version will definitely be able to fit it, i have it and its MUCH shorter than the board itself by a good 2 inches. i think the other models are a bit longer but it shouldn't be a problem

PoignantJ

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Update. I Went with the HP Pavilion system.

So dimensions: 16.85"(L) x 6.97"(W) x 15.32"(H/D) are what I'll be working with here. What is most important in determining what a card can fit? Length, height, width? And in what order?

Timop

Distinguished

The most important thing is the length, in most cases it is the only thing that matters.

The height of most GPUS are identical, with the sole exceptions of smaller cases that only supports half-height cards. Meanwhile, the width of the card matters only when you have expansion cards (Wifi, Audio, etc.) in the slot next to the GPU, as some GPUS (like the HD5770) takes up 2 slots.

In your case you will be fine, the Mobo has a decent layout and your case should have enough space, just get a new PSU as the 250W in that system is very weak.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS