Need help completing barebone bundle

danny_boy8284

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
okay guys found this bundle on a website to buy and need to figure out what i have to buy to go with it to complete the computer
the deal is for $329 and it includes
EVGA P55V SLI Motherboard, Intel Core i3 530 Processor, Corsair XMS3 TW3X4G1333C9AG 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM, Apex PC-389 ATX Black Mid Tower Case, Ultra LS600 Lifetime Series 600W Power Supply

so i know i need to buy a hard drive, video graphics card, Internal Optical Drive/Burner and windows, and i am guessing maybe a fan to install but not sure, is there anything i am missing and how do i know what hard drives, etc, are compatable with the motherboard, would really appreciate any help have never built a computer so this is all new to me.

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Most computer retailers have a list of " what others also purchased" which will steer you in the right direction, but not always.
Is this bundle from Tiger Direct; aka System Max aka Comp USA?
SATA 2 drives are the most common now days, pretty much any DVD player/ burner with a SATA interface will work.
The i3 CPU's have on chip graphics & can be used as standalone without a video card. You can add one, but might be a bit tricky by having to disable on the die graphics in bios.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrandale_%28microprocessor%29

I'd stay away from Ultra PSU's, I've heard bad things about them, even if they do have a lifetime warranty.

I went with Corsair totally modular & like it allot so far.

JD