Biostar - A780L3L

Hello,

I ordered the following pc from ebay. It's all fine except the cpu seems to be locked at 800mhz where it should be 2.8

I've also posted to this forum (not Tom's): http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?p=3819260#post3819260

I feel (hope) that this is simply a bios settings.

The original message read:

"Hey I just bought a ready built pc from Ebay.

Everything is fine aside that in 'My Computer' it shows the CPU as 800mhz where it should be 2.8. I've confirmed this with a bench test on the cpu. It's being easily out performed by 2 and 4 core machines.

I can't identify the bios setting to change. It was quite easy on my old pc.

Can anyone offer some advice please? "
7 answers Last reply
More about biostar a780l3l
  1. try resetting the CMOS which will reset your bios to default
    but if you dont know how to reset the CMOS the normal way then... look for the circle battery on your motherboard and remove it for 5 secs, put it back in and it will reset your bios.

P.S it will also reset the date and time on your computer.
  2. alhanelem said:
    try resetting the CMOS which will reset your bios to default
    but if you dont know how to reset the CMOS the normal way then... look for the circle battery on your motherboard and remove it for 5 secs, put it back in and it will reset your bios.

P.S it will also reset the date and time on your computer.

I've just tried that and it's the same.

I'm hoping it's a specific BIOS setting or a hardware fault. I sure hope it's the former.
  3. hmmm what CPU do you have exactly?
  4. AMD AM3 Six Core Phenom II 1055T
  5. can anyone else offer any suggestions. I'd really like to get this working this weekend?
  6. I've now update the BIOS too. Still the same.
  7. I'm a little further. I've changed 'NET FID' in CPU performance after enabling custom settings and even though it's on x14 2800 which should be the correct settings in my computer it shows the cpu at 1400.

Anyone got any idea what other setting I hit?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Ebay Biostar